10 Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass Reviews 2019
Many anglers from beginners to pros search more than 5 times a day to learn about advance best baitcasting rods for bass. Bass is heavier fish than other fish you mostly catch from the lake. So, you need a special type of rod that can handle its extra load plus its extra fighting energy.
Best baitcasting rod for the money is easy to select if you know what bass fishing rod requires. That is why we made a team with five members who have known much about heavyweight fishing in both salt and freshwater. Their experience and our research result in this review article.
- 1 10 Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass [This Month]
- 2 10 Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass Reviews
- 2.1 1. Entsport Camo Legend 2-Piece 7-Feet Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.2 2. KastKing Perigee II Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.3 3. UglyStik GX2 Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.4 4. KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.5 5. Berkley Cherrywood HD Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.6 6. KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.7 7. SHIMANO FXC Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.8 8. Rippin Lips Super Cat Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.9 9. Piscifun Torrent Portable Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 2.10 10. Entsport Rattlesnake Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- 3 How to Choose the Best Baitcasting Rod for Bass Fishing?
10 Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass [This Month]
10 Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass Reviews
Here we tried and tested some best baitcasting rod for the money. You will find a suitable rod for all skills of angler under budget in here. So, keep reading.
1. Entsport Camo Legend 2-Piece 7-Feet Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Unique and Professional Design - It comes with 2 tips. You can get two different power rod tips, medium and medium heavy. It's like getting 2 rods in 1. The 2 different tips makes it easy to adjust to your casting weight. It is very versatile. Great for carrying one rod instead of two and unless you break the base section, you have a spare tip should you break one of them. Good value for the money, nice to have additional tips for different fishing action and replacement
- 24 Ton Carbon Fiber - Light weight with tremendous overall strength; strong and structurally enhanced solid carbon fiber construction, maximizes strength while maintaining sensitivity
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat - Enhanced reel seat with corrosion resistant aluminum hoods; Full-Contact Reel Seat with Soft Touch finish
- "K-R" and "FINESSE" Guide Series - 6+1 corrosion resistant guides, perfectly spaced for virtually friction-free line flow and maximum casting performance and sensitivity, adopt "K-R" and "FINESSE" guide series
- High Density EVA Handles - High density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability, add to your control and fishing comfort; Special design on handle, more comfortable, which allow you to spent long days on the water with minimum fatigue
The Entsport Camo is the perfect option for using with spinner bait lures. This 7-ft rid gives you the casting distance, leverage, and ability for a speedy retriever. It’s a fast action rod that gives you maximum portability. The rod brakes into half and comes into two interchangeable tips. The one half is for moderate cover, and the other one is for medium heavy and can fight through the hardcover.
The rod is made of 24-ton carbon fiber. The rod is equally light and robust. To prevent the line fraction, the stainless guides are smart places to lessen the line friction. Also, the rod has EVA high-density handle and rust-free aluminum hood. These factors are helpful to keep the rod safe for a long time during a whole fishing trip. The best thing about the baitcasting rod is it’s designed to increase your control and still keep your hand and wrist less fatigue.
2. KastKing Perigee II Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- AMAZING QUALITY CARBON FIBER BLANK - All Perigee II one-piece and two-piece Twin-Tip rods are constructed with Toray 24-ton carbon matrix KastFlex technology blanks for power, strength, durability, and accuracy.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL - KastKing uses the best quality components in KastKing Perigee II fishing rods. World renowned Fuji O-Ring line guides, tuned ergonomic graphite high-strength reel seats, high-density EVA grips, Saf-T-Keeper hook holder, the finest sensitive "bare and beautiful" finish carbon fiber for rod blanks, and outstanding cosmetics.
- TWO FISHING RODS for the price of one! KastKing Perigee II Two Piece Twin-Tip carbon fiber spinning rods and baitcasting rods each comes with two rod tips - Medium and Medium Heavy or Medium with Medium Light power. Best value in the fishing tackle market!
- SMOOTH POWER - KastKing PTS (Power Transition System) spigot joints in our KastKing Perigee II Twin-Tip rods transition the power smoothly throughout the fishing rod blank. Specialized computer control wrapping at four angles keeps the power flowing. You will agree it feels like a one-piece fishing rod!
- STEP UP - Throw away your old technology ugly fishing pole and step into the future of fishing with a dynamic KastKing Perigee II high performance baitcaster or spinning fishing rod for bass fishing, trout fishing, cat fishing or any fishing technique! Total Peace of Mind Warranty. Best-in-Class Lifetime total warranty on Twin Tip top ends.
If you are in a tight budget and still want to get a good quality rod, then you must go for Kastking Perigee. This is one of the best value bass fish rod available online. The rod comes in different models, length so that you can get the right one according to your skills. You get spinning rods in 6’7”, 7’1” and 7’4” lengths. However, the 7’ rods casting or spinning offers two detachable parts which work individually as two separate powered pieces.
All the models of KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rods are medium, medium light or medium heavy with sensitive, fast action features. However, the rod is made from 24-ton carbon fiber, which offers excellent power and durability. Some of the notable features of this best baitcasting rod for bass is Fuji-o ring guidelines, EVA grip and responsive hook keeper for safety.
3. UglyStik GX2 Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Lighter feeling rod with the same toughness that makes the Shakespeare Ugly Stik a real workhorse
- Ugly Tuff Guides - newly designed guides provide maximum durability.
- Ugly Stik Clear Tip - delivers extra strength right where you need it and is sensitive to the lightest strike.
The Uglystick GX2 could be a wise investment of your arsenal. You get the freedom to choose from different size, length, including power rating. We tested the 6’6” medium power rod. This one good is for triggering explosive surface bite with a topwater lure. The GX2 is suited for 15 lbs line weights and usable with spinning reels. It allows 1/8 to 5/8 oz. Lures with distance casting. However, it can withstand more heavier lures if you want.
The Baitcasting rod is fast action and comes in one or pieces as per your demand. It has a better reel seat and little larger handle than the usual 6 ft. Model. The rod is made of fiberglass and graphite combination and lasts for many years. It’s light and sensitive and great for bass fishing. You can use the rod for catching fish around 55 lbs without any tension. We are not saying this is a pro-level rod and could handle everything, but a severe fisher cannot be disappointed by it.
4. KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Sensitive & strong, kastflex blank - All Royale Legend fishing rods are constructed with Toray 24-ton carbon matrix kastflex technology blanks which gives each rod incredible sensitivity and power.
- Fuji line guides-using Fuji guides for superior casting distance, accuracy while Dissipating heat more efficiently.Reel seats are made of high-strength nylon for a solid base, all-day comfort.
- 1 pc bass technique lengths & actions-it's designed with the bass angler in mind and help you be more successful no matter which technique you Use from flippin'to drop shot, Texas Rigging, swim Baits.
- 2 pc rods perform like 1 pc-pts (power transition System) spigot joints transition The power smoothly throughout fishing rod blank. Specialized computer control wrapping keeps power flowing.
- All kastking fishing rods are covered by a limited lifetime, total peace of mind Warranty against the workmanship and materials of the rod for the original owner.
Here is another best baitcasting rod for bass fishing from KastKing Royale. This model comes with lots of length and power option to choose that you will love. This one is made of Toray 24-ton carbon matrix kastflex technology blanks. That is the reason it becomes susceptible and equally compelling. The cut and crises are made of lease focus technique to make sure everything is perfect. The quality and consistency of the rod deliver the performance that a serious angler wants.
For the proper casting distance, the rod has got Fuji-O ring guides. And that contains monofilament, fluorocarbon and some braided lives too. Additionally, the reel seat of it is perfect in quality and stable base. You can hold the rod all the long without feeling much discomfort.
The KastKing Royale Legend comes with medium, medium light, high power of fishing rods 1 pc and 2pcs. The length would be in between 6- 7 ft in casting and spinning rods. The 2pcs rod can be wrapping at four angles- 0, 45, 90, and 135. But it feels with one and keeps the power flowing.
5. Berkley Cherrywood HD Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Hybrid design construction for un-matched sensitivity with the security of through handle construction
- SS304 Guides - 20x tougher and 55% lighter than traditional aluminum oxide guides and are factory tested for dependability
- Cork handle design for added comfort and grip
The Berkley Cherrywood is made for modern anglers. It comes with cork handle, hybrid crafting, high sensitivity, and reasonable pricing. You better use it in freshwater fishing. The rod feels great, looks excellent and suitable for all level of fisherman. It can be your first baitcasting rod or the backup on to use.
You get the different variation in this model with different power and 1 pcs 2pcs configuration. Like, 5'6", 6', 6'6", 7' lengths and medium, medium-light, medium heavy powers.
The best baitcasting rod for bass is made of graphite blank and hybrid through handle new design. The structure of the rod is strong, durable, and sensitive. It features SS304 that is 55% lighter and 20x harder than any aluminum oxide guides. The handle is made of cork and gives a firm grip and better control.
You can use the rod for catfishing, kayak fishing, etc. along with the bass. The sensitivity of it let you feel every little thing and has the strength to handle/carry heavy weight fighting fish.
6. KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Elite Carbon Blanks & Nano Resin Technology - Speed Demon Pro rods start with our own Elite Carbon blanks that utilize Carbon Nano Tube resin technology to reduce weight, increase breaking and lifting strength by over 30% compared to standard graphite blanks. These proprietary blanks are not only strong and light but may just be the most sensitive rods you've ever had in your hands.
- Fuji Guides/Reel Seats & WINN Grips - Only the finest Fuji guides and reel seats are used to ensure that reels stay firmly in place and that lines are never frayed or are slowed down by inferior guides. Spinning models using Fuji LV style guides with Alconite rings, casting models use Fuji LN model guides with Alconite rings. Handles and fighting butts are custom WINN golf style grips that provide comfort and a sure grip in all conditions.
- 15 Technique Specific Actions & Lengths - We've design each action based on years of experience and elite angler input to ensure that each model is precisely built to delivery uncompromising performance for each specific technique. Everything from the rod weight, action and length of the handles are carefully considered to build your favorite new rod. There are currently 15 models including 4 spinning and 11 casting models all in 1-pc designs and ready to take you to a new level in your sport.
- Lightweight Composite S-Glass Crankbait Rods - The Speed Demon Pro crankbait rods use a composite blend of S-Glass and high modulus graphite for a lightweight, well balanced, thin rod blank that still has a soft crankbait action. There are two casting models, 7' crankbait and 6'8" Square Bill rod and a new 7'3" spinning model for those anglers looking to make long casts with small crankbaits and still have that soft crankin' action rod using a spinning reel.
- True Tournament Performance Rod - We've spared no cost in building these rods to ensure that they look as good as they perform! You'll be proud to have the entire series on your boat knowing that you're using a true performance rod and will have confidence in its durability because of KastKing's Incredible Total Peace of Mind Warranty!
If you invest on one rod for bass fishing and never want to look back then, KastKing Speed Demon Pro is the thing you need. The Speed demon pro is made of Elite carbon blank using Nano resin technology. This technology utilized Carbon nanotube resin system to make rod even, sleek, and light but durable. Infect it’s lighter than you standard graphite or aluminum fishing rods. But not the weight this construction works best to make it sensitive and it’s really a good rod which doesn’t miss any movement in the water.
The consisting Fuji guides and reel seat is the place to make sure the reel stays in its place well. Also, the golf style handles with detail designs looks pretty and feel firm. This is an elegant looking fishing rod must collect.
The Speed Demon has an extensive collection of 15 different length and power fishing rods. From 6.5 inches to 7.10 inches and medium, medium-light, medium-heavy, and heavy powered. All these are one pcs.
7. SHIMANO FXC Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Features medium power fast action
- Includes 6 pound test 15 Yards and 2 Piece
- Comes with durable aeroglass blank construction
- Commplete with reinforced aluminum oxide guides
Shimano is one of the popular brands when it comes to casting or spinning rods. Our list will be incomplete without it. The Shimano FXC 2 piece baitcasting rod is a high-quality, durable baitcasting rod which feels good and looks decent. It’s a strong and reliable option for any real fisherman. And the good thing is it’s affordable also.
The grip of the rod is soft and seems good in quality. The pole is also strong and dependable for catching some medium size of fish. This baitcasting rod is tested for 20 lbs of weight. But we know fishing can’t be bound on size or weight limit all the time. So, you need to be careful about the limit.
The rod comes with three different versions- 6 ft medium (one piece), 6 ft medium (two pieces) and 7 ft (one piece) medium. So it’s a medium power rod but offers fast action and excellent sensitivity. It’s because the Aeroglass blank construction and the aluminum oxide guides increase its performance a lot better.
8. Rippin Lips Super Cat Baitcasting Rod for Bass
This is one of the cheap priced rods you can ever imagine that is good for bass fishing. This is a medium heavy rod with 7 ft 6 inches length. It’s fast, sensitive, and efficient for handling all fighting fish up to 45 lbs. The rod is constructed with E-glass, s Glass and Graphite blank. That is why it's light but strong. But don’t go with its lightness. This powerful rod is good for any serious catfish hunters.
The rod includes heavier stainless steel guides, fast tip, EVA split handle for dragging or bottom fishing. Many people choose the rod for catfish or bass. You can use it's for other fish also if they are suitable for in this power and weight range.
9. Piscifun Torrent Portable Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- Versatile - If you're just starting out and want a good all around type rod, Medium Heavy and Medium baitcasting rod is the best choice
- More Durable - Two piece baitcasting rod design is crafted with a composite of graphite and fiberglass, creating a well-balanced yet powerful rod that is virtually unbreakable
- Sensitive - Tip design for extra strength and added sensitivity allows you to detect even the faintest nibbles, you can perfectly time your hook set and improve your catch rates
- Lightweight - The lightweight casting fishing rod design feels balanced in your hand, helps improve your range of movement and keeping fatigue to a minimum. EVA grip offers the firm, comfortable handhold you need to overcome hard-fighting fish
- High-quality Guide - Stainless steel guides with Zirconium inserts that eliminate insert pop-outs and keep line slippage to a minimum, can be used with all types of line, including braid fishing line
For maximum flexibility and durability, you can choose the Piscifun Torrent baitcasting rod. It’s a two pcs rod with medium-heavy action performance. It’s suitable for salt and fresh water. The rod is strong and can bend over 75 degrees or more if needed. You use it for catching catfish, bass, tuna, salmon, etc.
The bottom of the rod is 80% stiff, hard, and powerful. Also, the tapper of the rod is 15-20% light and sensitive. You can feel the fish when it’s around the bait trying to touch or eat. The model we are talking about is 1st generation 2psc 6 ft. 6 inches medium rated. It’s very versatile and good for beginners or intermediate level of anglers.
The rod is made of fiberglass and graphite composite. It’s light, well-balanced, and powerful for handling fighting fish.
10. Entsport Rattlesnake Baitcasting Rod for Bass
- UNIQUE AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGN - It comes with 3 tips. You can get three different power rod tips, medium light, medium and medium heavy. It's like getting 3 rods in 1. The 3 different tips makes it easy to adjust to your casting weight. It is very versatile. Great for carrying one rod instead of three and unless you break the base section, you have a spare tip should you break one of them. Good value for the money, nice to have additional tips for different fishing action and replacement
- PERFORMANCE - Designed and built for superior performance with premium quality graphite, minimizes the overall rod weight while enhancing sensitivity. Has a very nice parabolic bend. Super lightweight and very stiff. It's a 2 piece design, making it easy to travel with
- EXTREME EXPOSURE REEL SEAT - Enhanced reel seat with a screw down, cushioned, stainless steel hood keeps reel securely in place; Full-Contact Reel Seats with Soft Touch coatings maximize comfort and sensitivity, designed extreme exposure reel seat for increased blank contact and sensitivity
- CLASSIC GUIDE SYSTEM - 6+1 guides with stainless steel frames and ceramic inserts allow for smooth casts and durable performance; minimize friction for smooth, long casts, while also enhancing sensitivity by transferring vibrations from the line through the guide to the rod and to your hand. The guides are precisely aligned, along the bottom of the spine of the blank which is perfectly straight and true
- PREMIUM CORK HANDLES - Premium cork, split-grip handles reduce weight even further and provides greater control when casting, enhance comfort and performance under any conditions
Last but not least. The Entsport Rattlesnake 2-Piece 7-Feet Casting Rod is a good option for those who are new in fishing. This one comes with three tips. These are different power rod tips, medium, medium light, and medium heavy. You get all three power performance only by getting this one versatile rod. Without carrying three different rods, use one single one, and reduce extra loads.
This best baitcasting rod is designed to give you the best performance possible. Its graphite structure parabolic blend gives super light portable actions for efficient fishing. But let’s make it clear to you. You can catch heavy fish with it for sure, but excessive load could cause damage and break the rods initially.
The rod comes with medium, medium-light, and medium-heavy option to choose. It has cork, a spilled-grip handle which reduces weight further and offers more control. Additionally, its seven guides with stainless steel frame and ceramic inserts let you cast smooth and increase performance.
How to Choose the Best Baitcasting Rod for Bass Fishing?
Selecting a high-quality rod for fishing, particularly for an angler is a little tricky. But following this one cleaver formula will help you to find one best rod for catching bass. And that is,
Big Bass= Power + Technique + Actions
If you don’t understand the formula lets break down and simplify the matter.
Light-line Fishing Techniques
Light-line fishing includes jerk baits, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and buzz baits. These are retrieving quickly and keep the line tight always. Fish like bass tend to hit the baits hard. And moderate action rod with usual tip allows the fish to eat the bait without pulled out the lure from its mouth. And that often caused by the conflict of the still fishing rod. Flexible rod tip let the fish turn its head before setup the hook. There is no need for the stiff rod to set a hook with tight-line lures. It’s because they generally have triple fishing hooks and bass hit them to get the hook setup.
In the tight line bait system, the bait controls the lure action, and the soft tip allows the lure to move water frequently. The moderate action rod loads well, on the other hand, using its litheness and increases the distance of casting. Vast casting distance allows deep-diving plugs to get down to their maximum depth.
Slack-line Fishing Techniques
These techniques include flipping and pitching plastic worms, dragging tubes, and jigs. You need a fast action rod with stiff tip sets and fishing hooks. A single heavy-gauge hook buried inside the plastic bait and often there will be some slack in the line. All these things make the hook set move difficult a bit. That is why you need a hard, stable rod to manage the whole actions.
The design of the lure either you are using jigs, or plastic baits does not supply its action. It’s the rod tip that gives you much control of how the lure will move in the water. Moreover, a stiffer rod gives you the stability to put more pressure on the crowded water surface. Like, water body with stiffer vegetation or lake with lily pads.
Fishing Rods Length & Actions
Short rods like 6-6.5 ft. are suitable for better casting accuracy fishing in tight spots. These are needed to attach with light lures. Long rods start with 7 ft. And more offers better casting distance and leverage to fight the fish. These can manage heavier lures better. You should choose the rod length that you could handle or grip comfortably. The fishing reel cut-outs which put your hand in direct contact with rod bland offers more sensitivity. For slack-line baits fishing, the reel seat is an important thing to consider.
The action of a fishing rod is determined where it bends because of weight. Fast action rods are susceptible and flex near the tip. The moderate action rod stretches towards the blank middle. And finally, the slow action rod; its’ bend the most and flex close to the butt section. You should choose better the moderate to the new fast range for bass fishing.
Selecting the Rod Power
Rod power and action does not mean the same thing. The power of the rod is listed on the flex and flex of the rod in action. The rod power refers to how much pressure it could bend the rod. Select the rod designed to cast the lure weight and fishing line you usually use to fish. Such as, fishing in weeds and covers need more power than clam and clean water. Low power rods are suitable for the weave-less clean water body.
Usually, graphite rods are lighter than fiberglass rods. These are sensitive and better for fishing slack-line techniques. But fiberglass rods are more robust and more flexible and useful for light-line procedures. There are some composite rods which made of a right combination of fiberglass and graphite. These include sensitivity like graphite and flexibility as glass.
Our top pick for the best Baitcasting rod for bass fishing is kicking. This brand has lots of fantastic fishing rod, not only for bass but also another type of fishing. Especially, if you need an affordable option that can withstand maximum toughness and perform investing less effort, then you should go for KastKing Royale Legend Fishing Rod. Form newbie to pro angles everybody like this one. It’s super handy and suitable for different size of bass fishing. Or you can have the KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Bass Fishing Rods. This one offers more power, action, and satisfaction than the first one and also very elegant by look. It’s a little pricey than the first one but a perfect thing to invest.
Overall, all the Baitcasting rods are worthy of investing for different skills of anglers. So, take one more deep look and choose which one suits your needs best. We can guarantee you won’t regret your decision by following our suggestions for the best baitcasting rod bass.
Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass
Best Baitcasting Rods for Bass Reviews
Last update on 2019-08-18 at 14:57 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API