Best 10 Fishing Dry Bags to Protect Your Valuables [2021 Updated]
Dry bags are one of the most important accessories for fishing, camping, kayaking and other related activities. If we mainly talk about fishing, a dry bag keeps your catch safe and doesn’t allow the blood and guts to get all over other things, thus prevents a big mess.
Not just your catches, you can also use these dry bags to keep your fishing gear and other essentials safe from water.
So, having a good quality dry bag is definitely a must-have on your fishing trip.
But choosing the right dry bag can be a bit tricky as there is a wide range available in the market. Also, not every bag is worth your money. To help you choose the best product and to save your time and money, we are here with a complete fishing dry bag buyers guide.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
What is a Dry Bag?
A dry bag is a type of bag that is designed in such a way that not a single drop of water gets inside. In simple words, it is a completely waterproof bag. Even if you let it float in the water for months, no water can enter inside. It is achieved in two ways, first, the bag is constructed using completely waterproof and non-breathable material. All the holes of the fabric are closed by laminating it with PVC. Even the sewing is done in such a way that it doesn’t create any holes. They are usually made from heavy-duty PVC tarpaulin and nylon fabric.
Coming to the size, you can get them mostly in three sizes – 5L, 15L and 30L.
Fishing Dry Bag Buying Guide
There are a number of things that you should keep in mind while selecting the right dry bag for yourself.
Before making a purchase ask yourself the following questions :
What Dry Bag Size Should I Purchase? How Much Gear Do I Need To Carry In It?
Now, obviously, if you’re going for a longer trip and need to carry more gear, you will need a large and spacious dry bag. On the other hand, if you’re not carrying a lot of gear and going on regular weekend fishing, a small and compact dry bag will be enough for you.
Generally, dry bags come in a number of sizes. They range from 2 liter compact bags to super large 30,50,70 and even 90 liter bags. However, the most useful sizes range from 5L to 50L.
Naturally, bigger dry bags will allow you to store more gear and essential stuff but they tend to become very heavy due to hefty storage and are difficult to transport as well. Buy them only if you’re intended to transport using a vehicle, these bags can’t be carried on your shoulder.
On the other hand, smaller bags allow you to keep a few essential things but are very easy to transport. You can carry them on your shoulders without worrying about the heaviness. So, get a bag according to the availability of transport.
Material And Production Quality
Another important thing to keep in mind while purchasing a dry bag is the quality of material and the method of construction. The good thing is, most of the dry bags these days are made using excellent quality material and using the standard production process. So, even an average bag will work decently. But still, there are a few factors to consider:
If you want to purchase a dry bag that will last for years, look for the one made with heavy-duty, durable material and constructed using welded seams. Avoid buying the nylon bags if you’re intended to use them as standalone bags.
But if you’re okay with providing a little protection to your dry bag by keeping it inside another bag or backpack, nylon will work for you.
Extra Features Of Dry Bags
Availability of Pockets
Pockets are the most useful parts of the bags. They let you organize your things in a better way and prevent the creation of a huge mess. Dry bags feature internal as well as external pockets. While internal pockets offer you with separate compartments to organize your stuff, external pockets help you to keep the gear you need very handy. Generally, the external pockets aren’t waterproof but still, the presence of external pockets offers you additional space. You can keep the things that you don’t mind getting wet a little bit. You can keep your water bottle, drinks etc in these pockets.
If you’re likely to carry your dry bag yourself then it is very important to look for the one with a good-quality and padded carrying strap. A good idea is to look for the removable straps, means you can take them out when you’re not carrying your bag on your shoulder. Some bag straps are interchangeable, you can use them as shoulder bags or backpacks.
Handles, D Rings, External Loops
A majority of dry bags come with multiple D rings. Look for the D rings that are solid and made from plastic so that they don’t get damaged by saltwater. These can be used for attaching the bag to kayaks, boats or even bikes.
Similarly, external loop allows you to tie the bag to your boat or things to your bag.
The handles should be very sturdy and offer a nice grip. This is extremely important if you’re buying a large dry bag.
Bungee cord or external net allows you to store wet gear outside your bag so that it won’t wet the dry things kept inside. These are great as you don’t need to use two different bags for keeping the dry and wet things separately.
If you’re intended to use the bag during nights, look for the one with reflective print so that you can spot it even in the dark.
Best 10 Fishing Dry Bags [This Month]
- DURABLE & WATERPROOF - Made of rugged, flexible, and fully waterproof 500D PVC to easily withstand abuse from the wilderness.
- UNIQUE INNOVATIVE DESIGN– Features an adjustable padded strap for comfortable carrying, outer mesh pocket that gives you room for non-dry storage, elastic rope for holding clothing or accessories....
- STRONGER SEAL CONSTRUCTED - Fully welded seams result in a stronger, more durable waterproof construction as opposed to traditional sewn-and-taped seams. Solid roll-top closure makes it easy to...
- RELIABLE PROTECTION: We believe our earth pak dry bags are the best out there--bar none. These dry bags are meant to last for years and provide waterproof protection for even the most rugged users.
- SHOULDER STRAP: 10L & 20L dry bags come with a 24-42 Inch single shoulder strap. 30L, 40L, and 55L waterproof backpacks are equipped with backpack style shoulder straps that also come with a sternum...
- IPX8 CERTIFIED WATERPROOF PHONE CASE: We have included our IPX8 Certified 6.5 Inch waterproof phone case that will fit even the largest of phones. This case features a very simple snap and lock access...
- 100% WATERPROOF: Made of stiff 500D PVC material and designed with roll-top closure, Unigear waterproof bag protects your phones, camera, clothes, documents and snacks from Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt
- ANTI LEAK AND ANTI TEAR: Features fully welded seams by high-frequency tech, our dry sack provides a stronger and more durably waterproof construction. Abrasion resistant for long lasting, perfect for...
- EASY AND COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: Comes with a single strap for 2L/5L/10L/20L dry bags, two straps for 30L and 53L.Extra-long and adjustable for convenient carry & comfort. Multi styles to carry for...
- Generous roll-top waterproof main body compartment; One inside zippered pocket for small items like your phone, keys, wallet, etc.
- Two adjustable straps at one side of the bag to attach your rod, rod tube or net; A stretch mesh pocket at the other side for a water bottle; Daisy chain webbing at front offering attachment points
- Ergonomic, breathable and padded back design; Adjustable padded shoulder straps with D ring gear attachments
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION DRY BAG - Designed for active water sports and dusty environments the KastKIng Cyclone Seal dry bag is rugged, flexible, and abrasion resistant. A super strong and abrasion...
- WATERPROOF PROTECTION – The KastKing Cyclone Dry Bag seal system provides an extra layer of PVC to ensure a best-in-class waterproof seal on a dry storage bag. Gives you total piece of mind to...
- HEAVY DUTY - Tough, resilient Spider buckle will in not fatigue and break. Heavy duty self-locking clips will hold oversize loads. Cyclone waterproof bag buckles and clips are made of heavy-duty nylon...
- 15L Dry Bag ~ Medium. Grey w' a Large Window so you can see the items inside to easily get your gear. 1 Strap Included (Sling style). When Rolled 3 times & Snapped Together, it can be clipped to use...
- WATERPROOF: Whether fishing on a Kayak, Canoe, Boat or from Shore, the Fishoholic Dry Bag keeps your gear dry. Simply roll the top 3 times & snap the clip closed. You can also snap/clip around the...
- QUICK ACCESS CLEAR WINDOW: Designed to help you see your item & get it quickly. The clear see-through window allows you to easily see what gear is inside your dry bag. And if you live in the Pacific...
- Waterproof - Use professional seamless technology. Our dry bag has the overall waterproof capability, making sure to keep your items and valuables dry when you do some water sports like boating and...
- Durable - Made by 0.02 in (0.6 mm) thick wear-resistant material, suitable for outdoor activities, waterproof bag nicely adapts to all kinds of weather and environment
- Multifunctional - Adjustable Shoulder Straps & Handle for shoulder carrying and backpack, very convenient for different occasions like boating, rafting, kayaking, swimming, mountaineering, etc. The...
- MILITARY GRADE PROTECTION - Waterproof. Airtight. Lightweight. Flexible. Anti-UV. Heat-resistant. Natural insulator. Puncture proof. Phone protector. Beer collector. You name it. Our 500D material...
- EXCESSIVE COMFORT - Unlike other 10L dry bags, we added two padded backpack-style straps to use however you'd like. Carry it at the handle, strap it over your shoulder, wear it like a backpack, or...
- PERFECTLY SIZED - After testing any and all dry bag sizes imagineable, we found a 10 Liter bag is the perfect fit for almost any outdoor excursion. With enough tetris experience you can fit up to 32...
- Water-resistant and Durable - Made with 500 Denier water-resistant Tarpaulin to keep the bag's contents dry
- Convenient and Practical - Features an easy-adjust padded shoulder strap, and a practical one-handed carry handle
- 28L Capacity - Ample room for clothing, camera, mobile, navigator and all the fishing gear you need for a weekend trip
- Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack Made of Heavy Gauge PVC Protects Your Gear and Valuables from Exposure to Water; Large 30L Volume Allows for Plenty of Gear to Be Kept Dry; Measures 18” H (when closed) x...
- Roll Top Buckle Closure with a Reinforced Strap Ensures Items Stay Dry and Doubles As a Handle for Easy Transportation
- Padded, Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Sternum Strap, and Padding on the Back pack Itself Make It Easy and Comfortable to Carry Heavy Loads; Zippered Front Pocket Provides Easy-to-Access Area; Includes...
There you have it!
If you are looking for more information then there are some other online reviews that may help.
Consider these points while purchasing the right dry bag for yourself and you’ll surely not regret spending your money on it.
Last update on 2021-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API