Best Inshore Saltwater Spinning Reels [2021 Reviews]
Are you looking for a new inshore spinning reel? Then you have come to the right place.
I have put together the best inshore saltwater spinning reels reviews of 2020. There are a lot of variations in design and type, so this will be helpful for people who are looking for something new.
Furthermore, if you are going to invest a decent amount from your wallet, then it’s pretty obvious you want to make sure it’s worthwhile.
Here, we pick 5 of the best spinning reels that specialize in inshore fishing. Moreover, we will discuss their technical specification, benefit, and new technology as well. We have added a buying guide to help you in choosing the right one.
So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Quick Summary – Best Inshore Saltwater Spinning Reel
- 0.2 So Just What Is Inshore Fishing Spinning Reel?
- 1 Buying Guide – A User’s Perspective
- 2 Best Five Recommended Best Inshore Saltwater Spinning Reels
- 3 Final Verdict
Quick Summary – Best Inshore Saltwater Spinning Reel
- Best Overall: Penn Spinfisher VI
- Best Value for Money: Shimano Stradic Ci4+
- Best Lightweight: Penn Clash
- Best Stainless Steel: Shimano Baitrunner OC
- Best Round Reel: Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Round Reel
So Just What Is Inshore Fishing Spinning Reel?
Generally speaking, inshore fishing is a term that anglers use to describe fishing within around three feet of the beach. Usually, this area has calmer water than deep-water offshore. Moreover, an inshore spinning reel doesn’t suit the boat angler as they are designed for catching giant fish. So inshore reels are designed with a relatively smaller spool with lightweight material.
If you are interested, we have also put together some instruction on how to use a spinning reel.
Buying Guide – A User’s Perspective
In this section we have written a guide to help you select which reel will fulfill your requirements. Here in this article, we try to cover the entire buying guide that will help you. In case you can’t decide how to choose the best inshore saltwater spinning reels, this buying guide will help you.
So let’s start.
What to look for in the best inshore saltwater spinning reels?
As a perfect spinning reel plays a vital role in inshore fishing you should make sure you select one that delivers the best performance. To pick a high quality, comfortable feel, then you should consider the follow important factors. There are plenty of benefits, features – some of them you need and other you don’t.
Reviewing the following criteria will help you to get the finest spinning reel for saltwater.
Material: The first thing to look at carefully is its material. Is it stainless steel, or aluminum, or graphite? Though magnesium is great for reducing weight it is not perfect for saltwater. We recommend looking for something with aluminum or stainless steel for spinning reels.
Size: When you buy your reel for inshore fishing make sure you pick the right size and weight. This depends on the size of the fish you are targeting. So choose wisely, something that is well shaped by size and is lightweight.
Drag: More than anything, a smooth and strong drag is the must-have feature of an ideal spinning reel. Try to pick the one that has sealed drag that prevents salt and sand from getting in. If your spinning reel doesn’t have a smooth drag, it will make your fishing go to hell.
Sturdy Sealing: A good seal will secure the reel from saltwater moving in and out from inner parts of the reel. So make sure your spinning reels has easy rinsing and gets flushed after use.
Line Capacity: The next noticeable feature while picking an ideal inshore reel is its line capacity. How long the line should be again depends on the species you will be targeting and the environment you will be fishing in. When you are tending to catch a bigger fish, the line capacity should be as large as you need – you don’t want to be re-spooling your line too often.
Every spinning reel in our top list has been entered for their excellent benefits and value it offers. Are you looking a reel for saltwater as a professional quality? We highly recommended Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reel for its excellent functionality with classic, elegant design. On the other hand, Penn is one of the finest reel manufacturers in the fishing industry today.
Best Five Recommended Best Inshore Saltwater Spinning Reels
Looking for a high-quality spinning reel with top class performance in saltwater? In this article, we will discuss our top 5 spinning reels highlighting their excellent features and benefits. We will also explain why they are best available on the market compared to other brands. Here are our top picks.
- IPX5 sealed body and spool design
- Cnc gear technology
- Keeps expensive rods off the ground to prevent damage
- Watertight spinning reel performs reliably in saltwater and sand environments
- Durable construction with full metal body, sideplate, and rotor and heavy-duty aluminum bail wire
- Sealed HT-100 Slammer drag system provides robust, silky-smooth drag, while friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
Looking a single reel that will be perfect for the fishing from the kayak or wide fishing? Well, Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel paved the way especially someone like you who want a superb spinning reel. In a word, this Penn spin fisher is one of the finest reels on the market today.
This model comes with the different version from 3500 to 10500; other versions are 4500, 5500, 6500, 7500, 8500 and end with 10500. From all of them, V 6500 spin fisher is the most popular one.
Technical Feature of Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel At A Glance
|DESCRIPTION||MODEL||Mono Capacity (yds/lb)||Braid Capacity (yds/lb)|||
|Spin fisher 3500||SSV3500||390/4250/6210/8||230/10215/15165/20|||||||
|Spin fisher 4500||SSV4500||300/8250/10185/12||365/15280/20200/30|||||||||
|Spin fisher 4500LL||SSV4500LL||300/8250/10185/12||365/15280/20200/30|||||||||||
|Spin fisher 5500||SSV5500||360/10270/12240/15||425/20320/30250/40|||||||||
|Spin fisher 6500||SSV6500||330/12300/15210/20||430/30340/40280/50|||||||||
|Spin fisher 6500BLS||SSV6500BLS||330/12300/15210/20||430/30340/40280/50|||||||||
|Spin fisher 6500LL||SSV6500LL||330/12300/15210/20||430/30340/40280/50|||||||||
|Spin fisher 7500||SSV7500||440/15300/20210/30||430/40360/50320/65|||||||||
|Spin fisher 7500OLC||SSV75000LC||480/12370/15300/20||500/30400/40350/50|||||||||||
|Spin fisher 8500||SSV8500||440/20300/30250/40||650/40540/50470/65|||||||||||
|Spin fisher 8500LL||SSV8500LL||440/20300/30250/40||650/40540/50470/65|||||||||||
|Spin fisher 9500||SSV9500||360/30300/40220/50||630/50540/65490/80|||||||||
|Spin fisher 10500||SSV10500||415/30350/40255/50||750/50670/65580/80|||||||||
Highlighted Feature and Benefit Of Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reel
- Thanks to its watertight design! It is one of the great features of Penn Spinfisher V which is made from sealed drag and stainless steel shield.
- The HT-100 slammer drag system provides silky-smooth drag and robust that secure from untimely bail trip in casting.
- Being full metal body, this Penn spin fisher V presents an excellent backbone for your spinning reel. On the other hand, it comes with liner version which is life.
- It comes with infinite Anti-reverse and heavy-duty bail of aluminum.
- Reliable in a sandy and saltwater environment
- High quality finish
- Superline spool included
- On the heavier side compared with its size
- Does not come with a spare spool
- Full Metal Body and sideplate
- CNC Gear technology
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
Penn Clash Spinning Fishing Reel comes with such feature that is far better from the mediocre. Even you are investing an affordable range; you still receive some amazing benefit from this inshore spinning reel. Moreover, we ensure your every penny will worth it.
This class series from Penn features of various seven model ranging from CLA2000 to CLA8000. Among them, CLA6000 is most well-review spinning reel.
Technical Feature of Penn Clash Spinning Fishing Reel at a Glance
|DESCRIPTION||Mono Capacity (yds/lb)||Braid Capacity (yds/lb)||Max Drag(lbs)||Gear Ratio||Weight(oz)|
|CLA2000||240/4 180/6 125/8||210/8 180/10 165/15||10lb/4.5kg||6.2:1||8.2|
|CLA2500||255/6 175/8 140/10||240/10 220/15 160/20||12lb/5.4kg||6.2:1||8.5|
|CLA3000||200/8 165/10 120/12||250/15 180/20 130/30||15lb/6.8kg||6.2:1||10.2|
|CLA4000||270/8 220/1 165/12||315/15 260/20 185/30||15lb/6.8kg||6.2:1||10.7|
|CLA5000||225/12 200/15 135/20||420/20 300/30 240/40||20lb/9kg||5.6:1||16.90|
|CLA6000||335/15 230/20 210/25||490/30 390/40 335/50||25lb/11.3kg||5.6:1||20.7|
|CLA8000||340/20 310/25 230/30||465/50 390/65 345/80||30lb/13.6kg||4.7:1||27.2|
Highlighted Feature and Benefit of Penn Clash Spinning Fishing Reel
- First of all, comes with CNG (Computer Numeric Control) gear that is precision to match the gear perfectly in a softer retrieve.
- Like the other series of Penn spinning reel, this one is also made of stainless steel bearing of 8 sealed which is perfect especially for saltwater.
- The next noticeable feature we would like to introduce is its excellent Leveline Oscillation system which keeps the overall balance on the retrieve and the line wraps.
- On the other hand, the top technology of fiber drag HT-100 Carbon is patented by the Penn and can find this fantastic feature in all the series of the spinning reel.
- Extremely lightweight
- Durable reel design
- Extremely easy to use
- Anti reverse mechanism
- Lightweight device may have trouble casting in high winds
- Low top drag settings
- Retrieve: Reversible, Gear ratio: 4.8:1
- Line capacity mono lb/yds: 10/300,12/265,16/170, Line capacity PowerPro lbs/yds: 30/245,50/210,65/130
- Weight: 19.2 ounce
- The S A-RB bearings feature shields on both sides of the bearings reducing the possibility of salt or sand from inhibiting the bearing’s position
- The dyna-balance feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process; increasing the efficiency of the retrieve
Need professional performance? Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels designed to get out most of a reel. This item got some superb feature of better castability, less backlash, comfortable grip, wide and high max drag.
Moreover, it will be a great choice for you if you are looking something for a handy, comfortable spinning reel. This class series from Shimano features of another model -6000OC and 8000OC. Among them, 4000OC is most well-review spinning reel.
Technical Feature of Shimano Baitrunner OC Spinning Reels at a Glance
|MODEL||Mono Capacity (yds/lb)||Line Capacity (yds/lb)||Gear Ratio||Retrieve (inches)|||
This class series from Shimano features of another model -6000OC and 8000OC. Among them, 4000OC is most well-review spinning reel.
Highlighted Features and Benefit of Baitrunner OC Spinning Reels at a Glance
- The first noticeable feature we would like to mention is its easy and quick access for oil maintenance that allows maintaining the reel without pulls apart the whole reel.
- This spinning reel made from an aluminum spool that gives the assurance of a robust and durable spool which can adjust the pressure to fight with the powerful fish.
- At the same time, Leveline Oscillation system allows more exact line ray and solve the posed problem and line twist.
- Excellent stainless steel and ball bearing of 3+1 on the double sided that works as a top performing reel in saltwater to handle the fish easily.
- Made from Anti wobbled Dyna balance. Furthermore, you can redistribute the weight of rotor and generate smooth rotation.
- Super easy to maintain
- Very sturdy reel design
- Stainless steel ball bearings handle saltwater well
- Heavy reel
- Can have some corrosion issues if not cleaned regularly
- 3 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Carbon Matrix drag system gives smooth drag performance
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
Without any doubt, Abu Garcia AMBASSADEUR round reel one of the finest production of spinning reel companies in the industry today, and this AMBASSADEUR round reel is a key example of the dedication in providing high-quality spinning reel.
It comes with a classic design with some premier feature for better performance.
Technical Feature of Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 Round at a Glance
|Model||Reel position||Retrieve rate||Gear ratio||Breaking System||Bearing Count||Weight / Ounces|
|C3-4600||Right||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||9.2|
|C3-4601||Left||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||9.2|
|C3-5500||Right||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||9.9|
|C3-5501||Left||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||9.9|
|C3-6500||Right||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||10.7|
|C3-6501||Left||26 cm| 26″||5.3:1||Centrifugal||4||10.7|
Highlighted Features and Benefit of Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 Round
- Being 6-pin centrifugal, it’s a special feature of the Bailcast fishing reel that designed for precision, strength and smooth operation and minimizes the possibility of getting backlashes in the casting process.
- Made from carbon Matrix Drag system which makes the drag system smooth. Hence, bearing of the spool and shielded stainless steel makes is far better from the rest of the other.
- One roller bearing and three stainless bearing make it top performer spinning reel on the market.
- Comes with unrelenting power and handle of extended bent cranking. Furthermore, you will get the added torque by the power knob.
- This Abu Garcia Round Reel comes with another five version of C3-4600, C3- 4601, C3-5500, C3-5501, C3-6501.
- Suitable for a wide variety of gamefish
- Virtually indestructible
- Dependable and durable
- Drag force only up to 15 LB
- Heavier reel compared to other options
- HaganeBody - The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly...
- X-Ship - provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in...
- SA-RB - These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's...
Lighter than ever before!
Yes, you read that right.
The new Shimano Stradic CI4+ 4000 XG FB Spinning Fishing Reel is back and just nailed it. Its super-light, powerful CI4+ carbon body along with the cold-forged-aluminum spool is now added by Shimano’s Magnumlite Rotor.
25% lighter than shimano’s previous styles.
Technical Feature of Shimano Stradic CI4+freshwater spinning fishing reel at a Glance:
- Family Type: Spinning.
- Series: Stradic CI4.
- Roller Bearings: 1.
- Ball Bearings: 6.
- Maximum Drag: 20 lb.
- Retrieve Per Crank Range: 35(in).
- Models Offered: 4
Highlighted Features and Benefit of Shimano Stradic
- The new Magnumlite Rotor allows a super-light feel while you turn the handle – it is built to last
- Lightweight and an ultra-smooth reeling experience combination will win the hearts of anglers and fisherman around the globe
- 6+1 bearings make it handy in freshwater
- Advanced Hagane Gearing ensures impressive power and the smooth precision as an angler you can expect from the Stradic CI4+
- Shimano’s Coreprotect technology offers increased corrosion protection as well as water resistance for lasting performance
- G Free Body
- Ultra-Smooth Reeling Experience
- Front Drag
To wrap up the best inshore saltwater spinning reels reviews, any of the spinning reels on our list will ensure maximum performance for the long term. They are highly efficient and cost-effective as well.
Furthermore, all the required features and essential information should be considered carefully in the proper order. Lastly, you should consider some features before purchasing the reel which you can find in buyer guide section. So we hope you love our article and it will be helpful to pick the best spinning reel for saltwater in your affordable range.