Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater 2019 Review
Having the right type of fishing gear is essential when it comes to fish skillfully and catch some trophy fish. Many best spinning rods for saltwater are available in the market along with the casting rod. The usual fishing rods are not suitable for use on sea or lagoon. Nobody wants to be hauling in a Codfish or Yellowfin tuna and have your fishing pole shatter while dragging these water monsters.
Saltwater rods have to be reliable, flexible, and long-lasting. That is why these are pricey than the usual rod. Some of the top –quality expensive fishing poles for marine water come with a lifetime warranty. That make sure you can use the rod many more years without any complications.
- 1 10 Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater [This Month]
- 2 10 Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater 2019 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 2.2 2. UglyStik GX2 Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 2.3 3. UglyStik GX2 Fishing Rod for Saltwater
- 2.4 4. St Croix Premier Spinning Rods for Saltwater
- 2.5 5. Cadence CR5 Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 2.6 6. Fiblink 3-Piece Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 2.7 7. EAT MY TACKLE Sabiki Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 2.8 8. SHIMANO TREVALA Spinning Saltwater Spinning Rod
- 2.9 9. OKIAYA COMPOSIT Saltwater Spinning Rod
- 2.10 10. Penn Carnage II Jigging Spinning Fishing Rod for Saltwater
- 3 What Elements Makes the Best Spinning Rod for Saltwater Fishing?
10 Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater [This Month]
10 Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater 2019 Reviews
We have tried and tested some spinning rods for saltwater fishing. They were fine, but we have select 10 best spinning rods for saltwater that are worth to try. Have a look below.
1. Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- Elite spinning rod with 35% more graphite for exceptional strength and feel
- Virtually indestructible blank construction with a combination of graphite and fiberglass
- Clear Tip design delivers added responsiveness and strength
- Cork handles provide comfort during lengthy fishing outings
- 1-piece stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides eliminate insert pop-outs and can be used with all types of line
For catching bass, you need a convenient yet powerful fishing rod so that can handle the large fighting fish without breakage. The Ugly stik Elite spinning rod is something like that. This one is a better option for catching large fish with excellent tip head design. The rods are stiff, reliable, and flexible from inside to out.
The graphite body, with stainless steel guides and cork handle, give an angler more power and comfort to use the rod. You could get better control with the rod and ease when need to hold it for a long time. The hooks are sturdy and rust-proof.
You have a lot of power and length option to choose. It has 4 ft. 6 inches to 7 ft. 6 inches rods from ultra-light to medium, medium-heavy, heavy, etc.
2. UglyStik GX2 Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- One-piece, stainless steel guides that eliminate insert pop outs
- Clear Tip design offers extra strength and added sensitivity
- 6'6" Medium Power Spinning Rod
- 2 piece rod construction
- 6-15 lb. test; EVA handle
If you are looking from a feather-light fishing rod that is equally powerful, then you need Uglystik GX2 spinning rod. This is another creation of Uglystik that is excellent for the big game. This one weighs only 0.8 oz. And very much convenient to hold and handle. It comes with some modern features compared to the first one that is useful when changing the fishing line, rolls up or released especially.
However, this rod has also some option while it comes to power and size. So, you can choose this Uglystik for another king of light and single fishing. Like this best saltwater spinning rod for the money has variations starting from 4.6 to 7.6 fishing poles. You will also get to choose the power from ultra-light to ultra-heavy to get the best performance for your fishing trip. But if we are talking about bass, you need to select anything from 6 ft. to 7+ ft. And the power should be medium, medium-light, and medium, heavy or bulky.
3. UglyStik GX2 Fishing Rod for Saltwater
Here is another fishing rod especially for catching bass from Uglystik. This one is casting rod and offers excellent performance each time of using. The rod also has a different size and power option to choose from. We tried the 6 ft one medium heavy. It has another choice of the medium. Ours one was one piece. There is another option of 2 pieces or 1 piece 12-20 lbs.
This one is suitable for salt and fresh water and goofs for triggering explosive surface bite with topwater lures. The casting rod of Uglystik is ideal for use with a 15 lbs weight line and also good with using spinning reels. You can apply from 1/8 to 5/8 oz. of lures. But you can try other heavy-weight baits with it as well.
The UglySTike GX2 is quite fast and long. It has the large handle with sturdy reel seat. Both of these are very convenient to hold or set the fishing line. The fiberglass and graphite construction of the rod last for many years and don’t get scratches quickly. More importantly, the structure gives you a much more flexible action that you need for a fishing base. This rod is understandable for beginners, but experts will appreciate it more.
4. St Croix Premier Spinning Rods for Saltwater
For those who don’t have budget problems and want a better flexible rod, you can choose the ST Croix premier spinning rod. It is a light, reliable, sensitive, and flexible fishing pole for versatile fishing. The rod has options from 4 ft. 6 inches to maximum 7 ft. Long rods with all power variation. However, you need to choose anything from 5 ft. 6 inches to 7 ft. Long medium to heavy rods for bass, trout, etc. fishing.
The ST Croix spinning rod is made of premium quality SCII graphite blanks. Not only the main body that has made of quality elements but the tips, hook, reel seat also well-made. That is why the rod is very balanced and sensitive too. The light construction not only makes it easy to hold and handle but also let you carry easily.
The rod includes the Fuji TCS reel seats with premium quality cork handle. That is why it won’t get slippery if your grip is wet by water or sweat. The St Croix designed and handmade In the USA. It has twice slow cure fishing that helps to withstand salt and freshwater.
5. Cadence CR5 Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- 【What You Get From Cadence】Cadence fishing poles offer high-performance premium features at an unbeatable value. Fishing with quality, dependable gear should not mean breaking the bank. 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 90 days return policy for a 100% refund,order it with no worries behind,you will get more than pay! Enjoy fishing !
- 【Ultra-High Quality 30-TON Carbon Fiber Blank】All CR5 1-piece and 2-piece fishing rods are constructed with 30-ton carbon matrix graphite blank offers strongest ,lightweight, durability and sensitivity than other rods. Ideal for game fish including freshwater fish like bass, walleye and trout as well as popular inshore species like red fish, speckled trout and flounder with a rinse after fishing.
- 【Premium Materials】Cadence CR5 spinning rods are made from materials that bring strength and sensitivity without weight. Made of 30 ton carbon, SiC guides with durable stainless steel frames, a comfortable Fuji reel seat and a blank wrapped in carbon veil to enhance the durability. Rods comes in 2 handle configurations; carbon split grip and full grip using a premium cork and EVA, is made to deliver a premium rod at a greater value than the competition.
- 【Super Smooth Power】Stainless steel guides with SiC inserts makes it more smooth and durable, avoids line sticking into the guides, minimizes friction while also enhancing sensitivity by transferring vibrations from the line through the guide to the rod and to your hand.
- 【Portable Setting】Unique 2 piece design makes it easily and affordable to fit in car, trunk, boat hatch than traditional one piece,but using feel like a one-piece fishing rod ! 2 piece spinning rod allows you to travel to your favorite fishing spot and enjoy fishing whenever and wherever you want.
Here is another best saltwater spinning rod for the money from Cadence. It’s made of high-quality materials with a better mechanism. It’s made of 30-ton graphite blank; the handle is made of full cork, the reel seat is made of stainless steel. It’s one of the durable rods with high power.
The Cadence CR5 Spinning Rod has stainless steel guide including Sic inserts. These features help the rod to avoid line staking. So you can insert the rod smoothly without wasting much time. However, the guides lessen friction and raise sensitivity. So, when the fish bite the bite, you know that immediately.
Furthermore, the rod has a Fuji reel seat, which only found in high-quality rods. It weighs 2.2 lbs. The weight is little high as a light rod but manageable.
- Portable Design - Durable rod case & 3-piece design make it easy to carry. The size of the rod case is: 31.5*3.9*2inches (6' & 7' ) & 35.4*3.9*2inches (8'). Great for carrying out and having a fishing trip.
- Sensitive and Solid Carbon Fiber Construction - Enhanced sensitivity of carbon composite saltwater spinning rod or boat rod, suit for saltwater fishing and boat fishing. The rod delivers the extraordinary toughness of solid carbon fiber construction and precisely tuned action for boat fishing. Light weight with tremendous overall strength; strong and structurally enhanced solid carbon fiber construction, maximizes strength while maintaining sensitivity.
- High Performance - 6+1 Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts; perfectly spaced for virtually friction-free line flow and maximum casting performance and sensitivity.
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat - Aluminum alloy reel seat with corrosion resistant stainless steel hoods. Line Weight: 30-50lb, Lure Weight: 2-8oz, Power: Heavy. Powerful, versatile, and flexible; One year warranty.
- High Density EVA Handles - High density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability. Handles and butts grips that provide comfort and a sure grip in all conditions. Durable EVA grips offer light weight and all day comfort.
Portable fishing rods are best when it comes to transport it one place to another. That is why we have tested the Fiblink 3-Piece Spinning Rod. This rod is detachable into three pieces and can be stored in the bag that comes with it. The rod comes into three length- 6, 7, and 8 inches. You will get an equivalent carrying case for respective modes.
In addition, the sensitive carbon composite body of the rod is the best quality of it. The body structure increases sensitivity and stiffness. That’s why it’s useful for managing catch the big baits.
This is a heavy-fast action rod. It’s suitable for saltwater coat fishing or surf fishing. It comes with an aluminum alloy reel seat with corrosion resistant steel hood. All of these are very much rust-proof and long durable in saltwater.
This fishing pole is good with 30-50 line weight with 2-8 oz. of lure bearing capacity. It includes the EVA foam grip that offers much more fir control and better comfort. Also, it comes under a year of warranty.
7. EAT MY TACKLE Sabiki Spinning Rod for Saltwater
- Sabiki Rod 7 ft. for catching bait
- Materials: Strong Fiberglass base with plastic fittings.
- Size: 7 ft. and able to break down into 2 pieces for easy storage
- Pays for itself the first time you catch bait
- Lifetime Warranty
Here is another rod that comes with great features, look, and performance. If you see the EAT MY TACKLE Sabiki Fishing Rod Bait Rod, you will forget your old rod. This is a 7 ft. Fishing rod for catching large size of fish. The opening of the rod is 7/16 inches and would put up the maximum type of hooks found on most rigs.
It has a durable fiberglass base with plastic fittings. It weighs 2.8 pounds but still suitable to hold for a long time or to handle the fighting fish.
The rod is very durable yet flexible to use. This Sabiki fishing rod is perfect for catching Ballyhoo, Cigar Minnows, hardtails, Blue runners, Google eyes, and many more. It allows the while sabiki rig with all hooks stores inside the rod. So there is no more problem with stacking hook in your clothes.
8. SHIMANO TREVALA Spinning Saltwater Spinning Rod
- The highly innovative Trevala Jigging rod series is designed to be used with the deadly Shimano Butterfly Jigs and with high speed, high power reels
- Engineered with a high carbon butt section fused together with a TC4 tip, this new blank design from Shimano gives you less weight with increased sensitivity. Its fast recovery rate and optimal response allow you to subdue fish quickly
- Reinforced with Fuji Aluminum Oxide Guides. Diamond polished for an ultra-smooth finish, these guides provide long lasting durability and decreased line wear for better corrosion resistance and heat dissipation
- Equipped with comfortable EVA foam rubber grips that add comfort while providing a great hold even when wet. Features a split grip style handle for offshore conditions
Shimano is one of the top class fishing rod brands that are known to produce high quality best rod for fishing. However, the Shimano Travala spinning rod is an excellent creation of the company, which is praised by many professional anglers. It’s a beautiful, reliable, and sensitive rod to catch any vast fish.
The Shimano Trevala features advance of TC4 construction. And it contains a rigid carbon butt section with the TC4 tip section. This outright design gives you extra pulling power in different weight conditions and increases the sensitivity. The rod is a jigging rod, and it’s good at the jigging action with a quicker retrieval rate. It’s subdued fish quite fast and gives you the opportunity to ready for the next step.
Like the other top quality fishing rod, this one has some options to choose. It has 5 ft. 8 inches to 7 ft. rods for heavy-weight fishing. The rod seems beautiful and also modern in design. Its gear up with Fuji Aluminum Oxide guides which makes it more long-lasting. For the handle, it contains EVA foam rubber grips. The grip is very comfortable while giving an excellent firm hold even if your hand is wet.
9. OKIAYA COMPOSIT Saltwater Spinning Rod
- WHY SETTLE FOR LESS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL WITH THE LATEST DESIGN FROM OKIAYA - THE WINNERS CHOICE!
- THIS IS A PREMIUM BIG GAME FISHING ROD THAT YOU CAN DEPEND ON WHEN YOU ARE IN THE FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE WITH THAT TROPHY FISH.
- FEATURING AN INDUSTRY CLASSIC DESIGN WITH USE OF CNC MACHINED AIRCRAFT GRADE ALLOYS FOR STRENGTH, COMPOSITE FIBER MAIN SHAFT FOR SUPERIOR SENSITIVITY, SUPER SMOOTH STAINLESS ROLLERS AND DURABLE HARDWARE THAT KEEPS ITS STUNNING LOOKS YEAR AFTER YEAR.
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS All IGFA STANDARDS FOR ALL BIG GAME COMPETITIONS.OVERALL ROD LENGTH 1.65M (5'6").
- BONUS PREMIUM OKIAYA ROD COVER INCLUDED! ONE PIECE HEAVY ACTION, 80-130 LB.
Here is another premium quality fishing rod specially made for saltwater fishing. This rod OKIAYA COMPOSIT 80-130LB can catch all the massive fish like goliath grouper, Warsaw grouper and other big fish even shark. Any expert level of angle can have this one to find the winner fish.
The rod features CNC machined aircraft grade allows, with classic rod design. The composite fiber body makes the rod very flexible yet sensitive. Moreover, its stainless steel rollers and hardware keeps scratch-free, rust free. That is why an old Okiaya composit rod also looks almost new even after 5-10 years of usage.
The overall length of the rod is 5 ft. 6 inches. It weighs 2.2 lbs. which is a little uncomfortable to hold longer. You can use it with 80-130 lbs. line. This rod comes with an Okiaya rod cover for extra protection.
10. Penn Carnage II Jigging Spinning Fishing Rod for Saltwater
- Sls3 blank construction
- Fuji K guides with alconite inserts
- Non slip foregrip
The Penn Carnage II jigging spinning rods are strong and durable than the land-based freshwater rods. You can use it for catching large fish with live or artificial lures. This one is especially good for a small boat or kayak fishing. With the proper lining and reel, you would get the better result of it. The rod weighs only 1 lb. And come to a single piece. It’s easier to hold, manageable and also powerful enough to tackle large fighting fish.
The rod has three different options to choose from. Like, the massive six ft., 6 ft. 4 inches with medium-heavy power and the 6 ft. 6 with medium strength. All of them are a single piece. The rod is suitable to use with 50-130 lbs. line rate. It offers moderate fast action, which is suitable for any beginners who just have started catching fish like, salmon, bass, trout.
What Elements Makes the Best Spinning Rod for Saltwater Fishing?
You will find much variety of best spinning rods for saltwater and baitcasting rods in the market. Rod sizes and power depend on the size of the fish you are aiming for. The main feature that makes the rod suitable to use in marine water is the making quality, materials, and coatings. Not only the spinning or baitcasting rods, but the same thing also applies to surfcasting rods. These stay a long time in the ocean and withstand much more air pressure than others.
The Sensitivity of A Fishing Rod
When it comes to sensitivity for fishing poles, it has to be feeling good in the hand and also alert fisher even in the slightest nibble.
Fishing small fish like sheepshead, flounder, etc. sensitivity is a more important key. You will know and understand your rod by it and be alert the lure is bitten. Sensitivity gives the feeling of bite cause by any fish or when the fishing line is struck by rocks or anything else.
A well-sensitive rod can transfer more vibration from the bite of a tiny fish. Big fish are much alarming, but still, sensitivity is essential for catching big fish as well.
Fishing rods made of carbon fiber are most sensitive in the current time. It can pass the vibration through the rod shaft when anything dragged or moved.
Graphite rods are also great but less sensitive. Also, carbon fibers are much flexible and lighter. Depending on the fishing type, you can choose between these two materials. Remember one thing; lighter rods are more sensitive under water.
Longevity is the main issues for any fishing rods. The strength of a rod indicated it should be able to hold the weights of different size and weight of fish for at least 4/5 trips. Also, it has to be resistant to salt and dampness of water.
Now you already know carbon fiber is more light and sensitive for saltwater fishing. But unfortunately, it’s less durable. In that case, you have another lighter option, the Fiberglass. Also, it can handle more live, big fish like bass, pike, musky, etc.
So if you are not buying for small fish, choose the fiberglass one. It’s stiff, flexible, and appropriate for the big game. And also remember, fishing big fish not require vast sensitivity like the small one. Plus it’s apt for withstanding saltwater.
Still, carbon fiber rods are angler’s favorite due its sensitivity. It works well in the ocean as well. You would use it for swimbaits, vertical jigging, and top-water for usual bait fishing.
Buying principles of best spinning rods for saltwater come under two sectors. One, cheaper rods that include most of the features may be suitable for first 1/2 trips but may not that durable. Also, they lack the feel or reliability as much the top-notch expensive products.
On the other hand, expensive rods are much better at the perfect finish. Most of them have sleek stainless steel eyelets, sturdy reel seats, EVA/PVA, or cork handles for a more secure and comfortable grip. Branded rods aid in rust resistance, and with some maintenance, they will last many more years.
Additionally, the flexibility of a rod is essential to take into account. If the rod is not flexible no matter what price of it, you will not able to use it for the long run.
So, we would suggest that when you are researching on rods, try the rods by yourself if possible. Borrow different brands of rods from your fellow anglers.
However, buying a new rod is sometimes complicated; after all, there are many things to add, consider, or deduct that you can’t determine just by releasing or take 2/3 advice from others. So research theoretical and practically as much you can. It’s ok to make some mistakes. The knowledge learns by mistakes are always valuable and stay in memory.
We would suggest you read and compares reviews with others that we share for best spinning rods for saltwater. All the products we mentioned here are worth to try. Our top pick for you guys is Penn Carnage II Jigging Spinning Fishing Rod. This one is a very efficient fishing rod for saltwater and affordable also. You can start your fishing pole with this one. But if you are thinking of having a backup one, try the EAT MY TACKLE Sabiki Fishing Rod Bait Rod too.
Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater
Best Spinning Rods for Saltwater
Last update on 2019-08-18 at 15:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API