Daiwa BG Spinning Reel Review – The Reel with An Ultra-Light Rotor (2021)
The spinning reel is the thing that is going to make a real difference for every angler. This Daiwa BG Spinning Reel is one of the top products in the market, established with finely tuned features, perfected with ultimate engineering.
The super-hard body and excellent strength in dragging with additional casting accuracy make this device one of the best items in the store.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Dragging Support – The Perfectly Engineered Item
- 0.2 Excellent Waterproof Body
- 0.3 Casting Perfection
- 0.4 Bearing Function – Add Extra Smoothness
- 0.5 Instant Anti-Reversal Effect
- 0.6 Slippage Protection
- 0.7 Choose the Right Model
- 0.8 Pros
- 0.9 Cons
- 1 Video Review
- 2 Specifications
- 3 FAQs About Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- 4 Conclusion
Dragging Support – The Perfectly Engineered Item
Within each model of the Daiwa BG Spinning Reel, dragging force differs due to the advanced gear functions in them. While the lowest grade among the four has a dragging max force of 4.4 lb, the best one is crafted to provide a dragging force of 17lb. Therefore the reel can suit both the beginners and the expert anglers. An important factor that you will find is in the spool that is attached with the gear.
Reversed taper used in the system makes the Daiwa BG Spinning Reel one of the most awaited products in the entire store. Dragging force does make the real-time difference, but the balance of the reel is also important. This balance provides a smoother effect when pulling in large catches.
Excellent Waterproof Body
The body of the reel is the main thing that defines its usage in the salt or freshwater. Hard-core metal acts as the protective shield, but nevertheless the excellent sleek body makes the reel a pleasure to use.
Excellent Carbon ATD makes the reel both waterproof and at the same time extremely lightweight. With the rotor and the side blades slanted, the device seems to be one of the slimmest items among all the fishing reels. The Daiwa BG fishing reel is very durable, and much of that credit goes to the hardcore metal body
In the case of the Daiwa BG Ultra-light reels, the reel is excellent for casting with smooth line-lay.
In regards to thedistance to which you might cast, this reel can be used to angle a salmon easily, while you are standing at the shore. The ability to cast smoothly plus the distance covered,makes this reel rareamong all the spinning reels.
Bearing Function – Add Extra Smoothness
Casting, cranking and dragging force are the three things that are usually checked while purchasing a fishing reel. Many anglers also check out body weight, balance, and
durability. However, there stands another thing that the beginners often miss out, but the professionals would never miss – the smoothness in action.
Dragging force can be very high , but if the reel lacks smoothness , it will not be able to give you the effective dragging force. This Daiwa BG Ultra-light spinning reel has a smooth action with 6 stainless steel ball bearings, well protected under a shield. Due to the bearings, the action is naturally made smoother to give you a better experience.
Instant Anti-Reversal Effect
You can be pulling up the line-lay, making the cast easy and long enough and even dragging the big fishes offshore, but unless there is the anti-reversing function, you will face difficulties every time. The Daiwa BG Ultra-light fishing reels have one roller bearing with outstanding switching effect on the rotor and the gear to make it extremely strong.
This gives the reel an instant effect on the rotor for stopping. The reversal makes cranking much more efficient and line retrieval also becomes easier.
The Daiwas BG Slippage Proof Spinning Reel also helps prevent slippage in the line. To prevent slippage and losing your fish the Spinning Reel has a gutter system on the bearing. This will hold the line from slippage, ensuring that the fish is finally dragged into your boat.
Choose the Right Model
The Daiwa BG slippage-proof reels have different models, each of them meant for some particular use. Here are the details of the four items that will ease your task in choosing the right reel for your needs.
BG 2000 Spinning Reel – The reel weight here is 8.5 oz, which is due to the gear blade expansion. Dragging force that you can obtainl is 4.4 lbs, which is perfect for the beginners.
BG2500 Spinning Reel – The reel weight here is 9.3 oz, which is due to the expanded gear blade. Dragging force that you can obtain is 13.2 lbs, which is good for the experts and also for the beginners.
BG 3000 Fishing Reel – The reel weight here is 10.8 oz, which is due to the slightly expanded gear blade. Dragging force that you can ontain is 15.4 lbs, which is perfect for the experts.
BG 3500 Spinning Reel – The reel weight here is 14.1 oz, which is due to the larger gear blade. Dragging force that you can obtain is 17.6 lbs, which is perfect for the professional anglers.
- There are four models in the Daiwa BG slippage-proof fishing reels and each of them has perfect body coverage and hardcore protection, making it fit for fishing in freshwater conditions.
- The waterproof body of the device is added with HARD BODYZ technology to give you an extra lightweight fishing reel.
- The reel contains an Air Rotor and that is a weight reducing agent. At least 15% of the total weight that you find with a normal rotor is reduced in this case
- Daiwa BG spinning reel has 6+1 bearings, out of which 6 ball bearings are made of stainless steel and give ultimate smoothness to the entire reel for all types of users. The remaining bearing is a Roller bearing that acts as an anti-reversal agent
- The cranking ability and the line retrieval capacity of the reel are really outstanding
- The dragging force also differs in all the four models, but they have excellent ability for pulling in up to a 17.7 lb fish which is really attractive for all types of users, irrespective of their ability
- The reel weight is greater when compared to that of some other reels that are available.
- The reel is good in terms of casting and dragging, but in both the cases there areother reels in the market that are better performing, while price is considered
Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing ("Hard Bodyz" Body & Side Cover), Over-sized Digigear (Digigear System)
- Solid Screw-In Handle, Air Rotor, Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool
- Braided Line Ready Spool, Waterproof Drag System, Carbon ATD, Line Per Handle Turn: 47.4"
|Bearings||Gear Ratio||Line Per|
(Lb. Test / Yards)
|BG1500||6+1||5.6:1||28.3″||8.5||MONO: 4/155, 6/100|
J-BRAID: 8/220, 10/130
|BG2000||6+1||5.6:1||29.5″||8.5||MONO: 6/135, 8/110|
J-BRAID: 10/160, 15/130
|BG2500||6+1||5.6:1||33.2″||9.3||MONO: 6/210, 8/170|
J-BRAID: 15/190, 20/170
|BG3000||6+1||5.6:1||37.4″||10.8||MONO: 8/240, 10/200|
J-BRAID: 15/280, 20/240
|BG3500||6+1||5.7:1||38.5″||14.1||MONO: 10/240, 12/210|
J-BRAID: 20/310, 30/230
|BG4000||6+1||5.7:1||39.9″||14.3||MONO: 10/300, 12/260|
J-BRAID: 20/370, 30/280
|BG4500||6+1||5.7:1||43.1″||22.0||MONO: 14/350, 17/280|
J-BRAID: 40/340, 50/270
|BG5000||6+1||5.7:1||47.4″||22.6||MONO: 14/470, 17/380|
J-BRAID: 40/480, 50/360
|BG6500||6+1||5.3:1||48.7″||29.5||MONO: 20/370, 25/310|
J-BRAID: 50/550, 65/440
|BG8000||6+1||5.3:1||53.3″||30.0||MONO: 20/550, 25/440|
J-BRAID: 50/730, 65/590
FAQs About Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
What is the weight of the reel?
The weight of the reel varies between the four models, where the lightest one is 8 oz and the heaviest one is 14 oz.
What is the gear ratio in the reel?
The top three models have a gear ratio of 5.6:1 and the last one with the biggest range has a ratio of 5.7:1.
How good the device is in terms of line-lay?
In terms of line lay, the reel can trigger up to 38 inches. So the Daiwa BG lightweight spinning reel is a high caliber reel in the market.
Is the device perfect to be used under all condition?
It is only good for using in freshwater.
After going through the features of the reel, it can be clearly identified that it has extraordinary outputs and is also lightweight . The design of the Daiwa BG Lightweight Fishing Reel is engineered so that all types of users can use it.
While the beginners will start learning how they can do better, on the other end, the experts will appreciate all its features. Outstandingly configured this reel is well crafted and has excellent dragging force, ultimate casting support and perfect balance.
Last update on 2021-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API