Okuma Trio High-Speed Spinning Reel Review
The Okuma Trio High-Speed Spinning Reel is a specially crafted reel that professional anglers prefer.
The reel has been engineered to give you the smoothest effect while dragging and cranking. It has an excellently designed hardcore body to resist saltwater damage ensuring that it will last for a long time.
- Hybrid spool design with graphite arbor and aluminum lip
- Crossover aluminum and graphite hybrid body and rotor design
- Precision Dual Force Drag System (DFD): Incorporates both surfaces of the spool to maximize high-end drag pressure, efficiency and overall smoothness
Table of Contents
- 0.1 DFD Drag System
- 0.2 Censored Cranking and Casting Experience
- 0.3 Reversing, Anti-Reversing Effect Gives A Smoother Effect
- 0.4 Excellent Body Coating
- 0.5 Pros
- 0.6 Cons
- 1 Okuma Trio HS Video Review
- 2 Specifications
- 3 FAQs About Penn Fierce II Spinning Reel
- 4 Conclusion
DFD Drag System
Dragging is an important aspect to consider. In fact, there are two specialized things that a fishing reel can provide – the dragging effect and the casting perfection. With the dragging effect, the users consider the reel for dragging a fish of a particular weight.
The Okuma Trio High Speed Reel has a DFD technique inbuilt and that influences the dragging ability . For this Double Force Dragging effect, the reel can bring the fish out of the water in seconds. A smooth operation is ensured and you can drag fish to your boat up to 20 Lbs with this reel.
Censored Cranking and Casting Experience
Casting is the next aspect that anglers look into, as with this feature they can identify how much distance they can cover and from where the line can catch hold of a fish. The Okuma Trio High-Speed Reel has three models and if all the models are considered, the average casting ability is 16 yards, which is quite on the longer distance.
The effect of casting is not only related to the distance that will be covered. Rather, the experts never look only into the distance covered but at the accuracy. It is the accuracy of casting that depends on the gear functioning of the reel.
Reversing, Anti-Reversing Effect Gives A Smoother Effect
The Okuma trio extra smooth spinning reel is one of the smoothest reels on the market. Whether it is the dragging effect or the casting, you will definitely get a smoother effect from this reel. There are 9 ball bearings in the reel and all of them are made of stainless steel.
The reel automatically goes into reverse and is extremely smooth especially as the rotor has DFD.
Apart from the 9 ball bearings, there is also one roller bearing that acts as a gutter to the reel when reversing is stopped. This gutter and the roller bearing will stop the reversing effect by putting the pressure on the gear. The smooth effect is affected by the triggering switch in the reel.
Excellent Body Coating
Another aspect of the reel that attracts the professional anglers is the hardcore metallic body. The rotor, gears, ball bearings and the side plates are well maintained by the exterior casing.
Excellently crafted, the casing of the Okuma trio durable fishing reel contributes to the long lasting nature of this reel. The hybrid spool and the aluminum lips remain hidden inside the coating, but still, the coating doesn’t increase the weight of the device. The graphite coated body makes the difference and allows the reel to be perfect for saltwater fishing.
- The reel has DFD technology that makes the rotor function in a better way and the dragging system is boosted up by this mechanism. You will always find an edge in terms of fishing, while you own this device
- The Okuma trio hard cased fishing reel is not only a good performer, but in excels in terms of durability too,. The product contains a hybrid spool and aluminum lip and the casing is of graphite. The graphite casing gives the device extra protection while it is used for fishing in saltwater
- The reel is lightweight and durable. The quick setting anti-reversing technique is something that has to be specially mentioned, as that makes the functioning of the reel much smoother and more powerful.
- The power is enhanced by the 9 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing, making the reel suitable for casting in fresh or saltwater.
- The reel is very sophisticated in terms of technology, but still the excessive low weight of the device makes it iunbalanced during casting in bad or windy weather. Okuma trio spinning reel does not contain any wind protective technology.
- The reel is good in terms of casting and dragging, but in both the cases there are others in the market that are better performing when price is considered.
Okuma Trio HS Video Review
Okuma have put together an official video of the Trio so you can see it in action and showcase the features which is worth looking at before making a purchase:
Okuma Trio High-Speed Spinning Reel
- Used by professionals worldwide
- Tested for reliability and quality
- Made using the highest quality materials
Precision Dual Force Drag System (DFD)
|Model||Gear ratio||Bearings||Weight (g)||Line retrieve (cm)||Max drag force (kg)||Mono line capacity (mm)|
|Trio-30S||6.0:1||9BB+1RB||295||82.8||8||0.20/220, 0.25/140, 0.30/100|
|Trio-40S||6.0:1||9BB+1RB||306||82.8||9||0.30/170, 0.35/130, 0.40/100|
|Trio-55S||6.0:1||9BB+1RB||417||101.1||10||0.35/260, 0.40/200, 0.50/120|
FAQs About Penn Fierce II Spinning Reel
What is the weight of the reel?
The weight of the device is very low – It is only 0.64 lbs.
How many bearings are there in the reel?
The Okuma trio HS spinning reel has altogether 10 bearings, of which 9 are ball bearings and 1 is a roller bearing.
How powerful is the drag in this reel?
Dragging force here has been doubled by the use of DFD technology in the rotor up to 22 pounds.
The Okuma trio HS fishing reel is one of the highly crafted reels in the entire market. Most all the functions in the reel have been made and engineered with precision right from dragging to casting and cranking. The users get a smoother effect and at the same time durability is good.
Considering all these things, the reel is very much a preferred item for the professional angler.
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API