Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel Review – The Best Saltwater Fishing Reel
Penn Spinfisher VI reel is a spinning reel with an extremely well-built full metal body. It is ready to give you the durability that you need to use a spinning reel in saltwater – Be it the harshest saltwater or if you mistakenly drop the rod in the sand nothing is going to happen to the Penn Spinfisher VI spinning reel due to its enclosed body.
The extremely lightweight frame of the reel seals the gearbox and also the drag system within it. The reel is having a complete metal body and can hold the side-plate of the device along with the flex that holds rotor resist flex. Unblemished gear alignment of the device can withhold extreme pressure and adds additional control to you, while fishing.
- IPX5 sealed body and spool design
- CNC gear technology
- Ht-100 carbon fiber drag washers
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Enjoy Pinpoint Casting
- 0.2 Enjoy The Smooth Drag
- 0.3 Use Anti-Reverse Bearing For Maintaining Continuity
- 0.4 Spool Super-Lining To Stop Slippage
- 0.5 Pros
- 0.6 Cons
- 1 Penn Spinfisher VI Specifications
- 2 Spinfisher Video Review
- 3 FAQs About Penn Spinfisher VI
- 4 Conclusion
Enjoy Pinpoint Casting
As you are experienced in using the reels, you know it very well how a spinning reel works. You are quite aware of the fact that the trip ramp of the reel, prematurely trips down and hence you can cast the reel for a longer range.
This is not the case with this Penn spinfisher casting specialized spinning reel. The trip ramp is attached with a fictional trip and that doesn’t allow early tripping of the reel. Hence, you can cast for a longer distance. For the well built of the ramp, it remains steady at the time of a long throw and hence the casting is also aided with pinpoint perfection.
Enjoy The Smooth Drag
Dragging effect of the reel is the next thing that bothers you. In case, you are going for fishing something really big, this dragging effect really makes a difference. This extensive Penn spinfisher sealed slammer spinning reel provides you three high performing consecutive washers (HT-100).
These drag washers will serve you sincerely for a configured and well-planned drag. The most important aspect here that you will enjoy here is the smooth effect of this drag-effect and that too for the effect of the three washers.
As the drag is smoother and its effect can be personalized, you can exert more power on the drags – so essentially effective in your fishing of larger soles. Performance of each drag is maximized with the effect of the grease that comes for the washers. So, a better drag is ensured while you use this reel.
Use Anti-Reverse Bearing For Maintaining Continuity
Back to back action becomes essential during fishing at times. While going for a big hunt, you might not have the time to pack-play the rotor and prepare the reel for the next throw.
This Penn spin fisher high caliber spinning reel has five stainless steel ball bearings and that helps you in maintaining the continuity while fishing. The entire process acts perfectly during cranking and it makes the work smoother. In the system, there is an anti-reversing purposed bearing too. This helps you in back-playing the reel and serves you better when you need no auto reverse effect on the spinning reel.
Spool Super-Lining To Stop Slippage
While fishing, a sudden slippage can turn things around. Especially, when you are on the seas, a slippage can even float away your stick with the ocean current. Hence a slipping prevention aid is essential. This Penn spin fisher super-lining spinning reel having an excellent backing of monofilament and braided lines are well angled too.
Apart from those, there is one rubber gasket that holds slipping from the super-line. Along with that lining, you can also get support in this reel. The capacity rings are marked as 1/3 or 2/3 like this. So, through a glance only, you can notify yourself about the lines remaining.
- The body of the spinning reel has been extensively for the purpose of sea fishing. The compact body of the reel is covered by a water-resistant hard coat, which will not only keep the rotor or the lines safer in water, but protection is aided from salt-water and also from the spur
- The Penn spin fisher v spinning reel is having an excellent dragging rate. It can give you an experience of dragging around 40 lbs. So, you can well carry this reel to get hold of a larger fish
- There are three drag washers in the device and that makes the dragging smoother too. Hence, along with a larger drag, you can experience a smoother drag with the device too
- The auto-reversal effect is enhanced with five stainless bearing balls. However, you can resist that too with the sixth ball, which is enveloped under a rubber gasket. This makes the task of fishing much easier
- The trimmed ramp of the spinning reel is aided with fiction to enable smooth and long range casting. This makes fishing much easier on an open wide area
- Although the reel is lightweight enough still due to the extra casting support, the reel is very much string to protect your fishing rod during wind blocks
- The reel is on the heavier side when compared to its size. This is often disliked by many. However, the slight heaviness of the item makes it stand in the seas and on the larger lakes easily, where the wind is little more violent
- However, where you need to hold your nerves for long hours, especially in the smaller or deeper lakes, this weight does make a difference
- The Penn spin fisher long drawn spinning reel is not having any additional spool. So, if you need one for you, other than the one provided with the device, you need to contact the customer support team of the company
Penn Spinfisher VI Specifications
|ANTI-REVERSE FEATURE||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse||Instant Anti-Reverse|
|BRAID CAPACITY YD/LB||240/10 220/15 160/20||310/10 270/15 220/20||390/15 320/20 250/30||500/20 380/30 335/40||485/30 410/40 335/50||530/40 440/50 400/65||730/40 600/50 555/65||730/50 670/65 435/80||845/50 780/65 540/80||390/15 320/20 250/30||485/30 410/40 335/50|
|COLOR||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold||Black Gold|
|DRAG TYPE||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag||Front Drag|
|MAX DRAG LB||15lb | 6.8kg||15lb | 6.8kg||20lb | 9.0kg||25lb | 11.3kg||30lb | 13.6kg||35lb | 15.8kg||40lb | 18.1kg||45lb | 20.4kg||50lb | 22.6kg||20lb | 9.0kg||30lb | 13.6kg|
|MONO CAPACITY M/MM||235/0.23 160/0.28 130/0.31||330/0.23 240/0.28 180/0.31||390/0.25 290/0.28 215/0.33||390/0.28 300/0.33 210/0.36||355/0.33 315/0.36 185/0.38||450/0.36 300/0.38 200/0.46||415/0.46 280/0.56 240/0.61||320/0.56 275/0.61 220/0.71||395/0.56 330/0.61 230/0.71||390/0.25 290/0.28 215/0.33||355/0.33 315/0.36 185/0.38|
|MONO CAPACITY YD/LB||255/6 175/8 140/10||360/6 285/8 220/10||425/8 320/10 235/12||430/10 330/12 230/15||390/12 345/15 205/20||490/15 330/20 220/30||455/20 310/30 260/40||350/30 300/40 240/50||435/30 360/40 255/50||425/8 320/10 235/12||390/12 345/15 205/20|
|PRE-SPOOLED YD/LB||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled||Not Pre-Spooled|
|RECOVERY RATE||33″ | 84cm||37″ | 94cm||40″ | 102cm||39″ | 99cm||42″ | 107cm||38″ | 97cm||42″ | 107cm||40″ | 102cm||43″ | 109 cm||40″ | 102cm||42″ | 107cm|
|REEL HANDLE POSITION||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left||Right/Left|
|REEL SPOOL MATERIAL||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum|
|SPARE SPOOL MATERIAL||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool||No Spare Spool|
|WEIGHT||10.7 oz||12.1 oz||12.5 oz||18.5 oz||22.3 oz||26.5 oz||28.3 oz||37.1 oz||38.6 oz||12.3 oz||21.8 oz|
Spinfisher Video Review
For more information have a look at Penn’s official video to see this reel in action:
Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel
- IPX5 sealed body and spool design
- CNC gear technology
- Ht-100 carbon fiber drag washers
The Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel features our Water Tight Design
FAQs About Penn Spinfisher VI
Does the device work well in salt-water?
Yes, the reel is perfect for salt-water. The coating of the reel is so good that even spurs will not affect the reel in totality.
Is the reel heavy?
The reel is on the heavier side if compared to its size, but the weight of the reel is made heavier in order to keep it’s ground firm at big places.
Does the reel come with an additional spool?
No, you will have to get it from the customer support team.
Will I have to configure the reel, as I get it?
No, the reel remains at a preconfigured stage. However, manual comes with the reel for the next time configuration aid.
What is the difference between the Penn Spinfisher V and VI?
The Penn Spinfisher VI has an upgraded IPX5 sealed bearing system so you don’t have to worry about getting any sand or saltwater into the gears. It also has HT100 carbon fiber drag washers which Penn have added to most of their newly released reels. This improved the durability and reduced the risk of corrosion. Over time you will see that this reel maintains its high performance for longer.
The Spinfisher VI also comes in a new 2500 series size option, which is perfect for inshore fishing.
What are the things that you usually look for in a fishing reel? Dragging support, line-laying, casting feature, metal body and of course in the balance and weight of the device – these are the things you need, right? All these are present in the spinfisher to make it one of the significant items in the entire store. Get it and do justice with your expense.
If you are looking for some more info on penn reels then have a look at their official website.