Shimano Sienna FE Spinning Reel Review (2021 Update)
The Shimano Sienna FE Fishing Reel has an extremely balanced format with M-compact body and that gives the anglers support for deep and long casting. Excellently designed, this is one of the top ranking products in the store.
The reel has all the features that the expert and professional anglers look for including the hardcore body and get up, well cased side plates and rotor, easy spooling and smooth operation.
- Features. M-Compact body brings the oscillation gear closer to the rod for added balance. Propulsion Line Management System features an updated propulsion spool lip design to lengthen casting...
- Dyna-Balance technology counterbalances the rotor to eliminate retrieve vibration and increase smoothness/sensitivity . Anti-reverse Sure Stopper II design utilizes a one-way roller bearing to remove...
- 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty. Made in Malaysia. Line Retrieve Per Crank: 24".
Table of Contents
- 0.1 The Hard Cased Body Gives Longevity
- 0.2 Excellent Drag – No Need to Drag Hard
- 0.3 Casting with A Single Hand
- 0.4 Reversing and Anti-Reversing – The Ultimate Gearing Function
- 0.5 Pros
- 0.6 Cons
- 1 Video Review
- 2 Specifications
- 3 FAQs About Shimano Sienna FE Reel
- 4 Conclusion
The Hard Cased Body Gives Longevity
The casing of any fishing reel is one of the key aspects that need to be considered. In fact, the casing is one thing that makes a fishing reel last for a longer time. There are endless features in this device including the well-crafted rotor, side plates, and gearbox.
All of them are well outlined with a hard casing that provides the essential balance to the reel. The Shimano Sienna FE reel according to the users and expert anglers is one of the longest lasting items for fishing. Shimano is a Malaysian company providing anglers with their fishing aids for the last 60 years and this product is one such signature item from them.
Excellent Drag – No Need to Drag Hard
Products of Shimano are equipped with one particular thing that is common in all its items – smooth in action. This Shimano Sienna FE Spinning Reel is also not an exception in that sense.
It has a lay-line that is well closed and covered and that has been aided with bearings that make it smoother and spontaneous. Hence, in terms of dragging, you will not only get dragging support to 20lbs but at the same time you will get two other things – smoothness while dragging and protection from slippage.
Casting with A Single Hand
Cast the line single-handed with this fishing reel. The reel has a gear function that has been set up and placed with a line that has been computerized in alignment. This will give you an excellent output from the reel.
You can cast with a single hand to a distance over 150 yards and more than that you will also get accuracy in the throw. The Shimano Sienna FE smart fishing reel has been configured in every way to meet your needs during casting.
With the reel, you can get to the big lakes and also in the saltwater bodies. In all cases, despite the wind factor, your accuracy will not be disrupted. The propulsion system in the reel will hold the backlashes and also the wind knots.
Reversing and Anti-Reversing – The Ultimate Gearing Function
The stainless steel made gear is well covered with the graphite made case to make the reel lightweight. At the same time, stainless ball bearings mean you will get a smoother edge while you are angling.
The reel will help you in making your casting and at the time of dragging the smooth effect is enhanced by the bearings. The bearings will also allow you to reverse the action at ease. The reel’s roller gear will give you anti-reversing with an instant triggering action.
The Shimano Sienna FE high-tech reel has one of the best sets of gearing function among similar products.
- The reel is designed to be used in all weather conditions and also in different surface conditions. You can use it both in saltwater and also in freshwater conditions.
- This Shimano Sienna FE smart fishing reel is not a new product . There are endless users of the device who have used it for over 15 years. However, the present version has had many improvements and changes in configuration. This makes it one of the most in demand fishing reels in the entire market
- M-Compact body, computer-configured gear alignment and lay-line management makes the reel impressive. The oscillated gear of the reel has been closed to the rod and thus you will find a better grip on the fishing rod.
- The casting of the fishing reel from Shimano has been crafted with propulsion technology and that makes the reel superbly balanced. Thus your casting will be long drawn and you will find a greater level of accuracy in the casting.
- Back play in the reel has been reduced to a minimum value by the instant gear stoppage function, while the anti-reversing technique is applied on it. The anti-reversing technique is supported in the device with the SSII tech, which also helps the rotor in counter-balancing in critical conditions
- The device has an M-Compact body that brings the fishing rod near to your palm. This will create some problems at the beginning, as you are not used to it. As you become more practiced, you will find better support and your casting will be improved.
- Dragging power is maximized at 18.5 lb, but you will not get that power at the beginning. Experts say that this is the case with all the durable reels and this is the case here too.
Shimano Sienna FE Reel
- Propulsion spool lip design provides longer casting distances
- A well-balanced, high performance built reel
- Ensures reduced wind knots
|MODEL||BEARINGS||POWERPRO CAPACITY (LB/YDS)||GEAR RATIO||DRAG POWER (KG)||WEIGHT (G)|
|SPL_SN1000FE||1/1||10/90, 15/85, 20/65||5.0:1||3||225|
|SPL_SN1000RE||3/1||10/95, 15/85, 20/65||5.2:1||3||235|
|SPL_SN2500FE||1/1||10/150, 15/145, 30/100||5.0:1||4||270|
|SPL_SN2500RE||3/1||10/170, 15/145, 30/95||5.2:1||5||269|
|SPL_SN4000FE||1/1||15/280, 30/170, 50/150||5.2:1||8.5||355|
|SPL_SN4000RE||3/1||15/265, 30/175, 50/145||5.1:1||7||369|
FAQs About Shimano Sienna FE Reel
What is the dragging force in the reel?
The dragging force of Shimano Sienna FE reel is 18.5 lb.
Does the reel come with an additional spool?
The device pack does not have any extra spool. If you need that you will have to get in touch with the manufacturer Shimano.
Can this fishing reel be used in the inshore condition?
Yes, the reel can be used in any conditions. Moreover, the addition of backlash proofing and wind knot proofing technology will aid in strong winds.
The Shimano Sienna FE high-quality reel has three important features – M-Compact body to ensure a better grip and better casting; Propulsion technology in the gear to support pinpoint accuracy and long driving casting in any conditions; SSII technology to support the rotor in counterbalancing.
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API