Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Review – The Ultimate Lightweight Fishing Reel
A fishing reel is not all about style but also ease of use.
While the beginners enjoy the easy-going functions of the Shimano Stradic Ci4, the experts enjoy the smooth action of the reel. But both groups of anglers appreciate the durability and lightweight nature of this fishing reel. G-free body, HAGANE gear, and core protection are some of the features make it a superb-functioning fishing reel.
If you are interested in the latest and greatest Shimano technology, then have a look at the Stradic’s replacement in the Vanford. It has taken all the things you love about the Stradic and eliminated some of its very few weaknesses.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Full Metal Casing Providing Saltwater Protection
- 0.2 Outstanding Dragging Force
- 0.3 Extended Gear Functions
- 0.4 Superbly Lightweight with Excellent Built-In Strength
- 0.5 Bearing Function with Front Dragging Force
- 0.6 Casting with Perfection
- 0.7 Line Retrieval Ease
- 1 Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Reviews
- 2 Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Reel Review Video
- 3 FAQs About Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel
- 4 Conclusion
Full Metal Casing Providing Saltwater Protection
The casing of a fishing reel is not only meant for good looks but also important when considering its durability. In the case of Shimano stradic ci4+ professional fishing reel, the body is made of metal and fully enclosed.The sleek gearbox and the carefully developed side blades are positioned so no water can enter the reel.
Outstanding Dragging Force
Dragging force in any fishing reel is one of the major deciding factors for any angler and the Shimano Stradic ci4+ gives an exceptionally smooth drag.
There are different models in the line varying in regards to the side plates and the gear capacity. Depending on that capacity, the product gives a dragging force that ranges from 7lbs to 24 lbs. So, performance-wise, this reel can be highly rated.
Extended Gear Functions
Outstanding gear function of the reel is obtained through the use of HAGANE technology and that gives the essential boost to the Shimano stradic ci4+ reel .
The perfect mold and a smooth end makes casting and cranking smooth. Finally, the reel is highly rated in terms of gearing abilities also having a super-light rotor which indirectly helps the gear to function even more smoothly.
Superbly Lightweight with Excellent Built-In Strength
The Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Fishing Spinning Reel includes computerized balancing technology.
Apart from being well aligned, the core protection of the reel, excellent metal cover over the gear and the line-layout and carbon-graphite linen over the rotor and the side blades makes this reel a special one.
The strong casing makes it suitable to be used in off-shore fishing as well as in freshwater bodies and ensures excellent durability.
Bearing Function with Front Dragging Force
FX devices are usually equipped with the rear dragging feature, but this reel is also equipped with front dragging ability. The reel has 6 ball bearings all made of stainless steel and are well covered for good durability.
These bearings give the reel a smooth reversal, dragging, casting as well as cranking effect. The Shimano Stradic Ci4+ is useful in difficult conditions and the reversal function is instant.
Casting with Perfection
The Shimano Stradic ci4+ may not cast as far as others but it is the balance of the reel that makes such a difference. The perfect weight and the perfect sleek structure, with the side blades inclined inside, makes the structure of the reel such that balance is naturally maintained.
This allows anglers to standardize their accuracy while casting the lines. The lay-line protection and outstanding ability of the reel to determine the line-lay adds even more value.
Line Retrieval Ease
Line retrieval is one of the aspects that determine the smoothness of a reel and the function of its gears. The Shimano stradic ci4+ high-quality fishing reel allows the anglers to release at least 30 inches of line, in a single crank. Line release is something that will help you to react quickly while fishing for the big one at the middle of a freshwater lake.
Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Reviews
According to the Shimano stradic ci4+ reviews, the special factor in the reel is in its ease of use. Beginner anglers state that they learned how to use and configure the reel without a manual. This suggests the ease of handling the product.
On the other hand, the experts comment on many things related the cranking, dragging force and casting from the device. The main problem stated is related to the accuracy of casting while a strong wind is blowing. Apart from this, there is absolutely nothing that the professional anglers complain about the device.
Both the novice and the experts review two major things – durability of the Shimano stradic ci4+ HQ fishing reel and also the smoothness in action demonstrated by the reel. Some of the users have used the reel for more than 15 years and continue to do so.
- The Shimano stradic ci4+has one of the strongest bodies among all the available fishing reels. It has a metal cover over the line and the dragging knob, plus a lightweight gearbox cover
- The reel weighs only 5.6 oz, which is one of the lowest among all fishing reels
- This fishing reel has a capability of pulling with a force that ranges from 7 to 24 lbs. depending on the model.
- The reel has a cranking effect of 35 inches and smooth casting . The lines can be cast to a longer distance of 270 yards, ranging from 110 yards depending on the model.
- The magnum-light rotor of the device adds more perfection in casting, a smoother effect in cranking and better force during dragging to both the beginners as well as to the expert anglers.
- Bearings of the Shimano stradic ci4+ reel also add a better output to the reel. Smoothing effect and instant stoppage of reversing are the direct effects of the 7 bearings in the reel, but the indirect effect here is the ultimate cease of slippage in the reel.
- The device is extremely lightweight and for this reason, during strong winds, even the anglers find it difficult to cast in the right direction.
- Although it is stated the reel can be used in the saltwater,the Shimano stradic ci4+ spinning reel is better in the freshwater conditions.
Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel
Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Reel Review Video
FAQs About Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel
What is the weight of this reel?
The weight of the reel is 5.6 oz which is one of the lightest available fishing reels .
How many bearings in this reel?
There are altogether 7 bearings, 6 of them are stainless steel ball bearings and one is a roller bearing.
How much is the maximum dragging force?
Maximum dragging force available in the device is 24 lbs.
What is the line release rate?
For every cranking 35 inches of line is retrieved.
Is the product fit to be used offshore?
Yes, the fishing reel can be used at off-shore conditions but is better for fresh water fishing.
Does the product contain an extra spool?
No, to get one, you will have to contact the Shimano customer care team.
Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel has a compact view, sleek look, ultimate gear and rotor function. It is a reel that is not only going to give a better-dragging force but at the same time, it is going to give you ultimate support in cranking and casting.
Accuracy, smooth functioning and sophisticated output of the reel make it highly desirable. This device is something that is not only preferred by the experts but also novice anglers. For its ease of handling, this fishing reel from Shimano, is one of the most liked items for the beginners.
Last update on 2021-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API