Best 10 Spinnerbait Lures for Bass [Most Popular This Month]
Spinnerbaits used for bass fishing are among the recommended fishing lure equipment to have in your fishing mission. Impressively, spinnerbaits have been widely used over the years. This has earned it a high table status, which can be referenced to the many accolades in fishing competitions.
For learners, fishing using spinnerbaits can be a very daunting task. The reasons being the many wires, color, and shapes, closed and bend arms. Here is a guide to lessen your mission and make your fishing experience to be smooth.
I have also put together the 10 best spinnerbaits for bass to help with your selection.
Table of Contents
- 1 Evolution of Spinnerbaits
- 2 Importance of Spinnerbaits in Bass Fishing
- 3 The Setup of a Spinnerbait
- 4 Features of a Spinnerbait Fishing Lure
- 5 The Spinnerbait Rod, Reel and Line
- 6 The Best Times and Places to Use Spinnerbaits
- 7 Best 10 Spinnerbaits [This Month]
- 8 Conclusion
Evolution of Spinnerbaits
The spinnerbait has been used in the fishing industry for many years. Notably, John Thomas was the first person credited with the patent for a spinnerbait in 1964. From then on, the use of spinnerbait has spread all over the world.
Importance of Spinnerbaits in Bass Fishing
As a beginner, the secret to catching a big fish lies with angling your bass fishing lure in the waters. You can talk to any seasoned angler, and they will confirm to you to catch big smallmouths, you ought to use the spinnerbait. It is essential to understand how to use the spinnerbait when fishing.
Fishing using spinnerbait can be as easy as ABC. You only need to throw it out and reel it in. Moreover, you need to ensure you steadily retrieve it upon a catch.
One of the most significant advantages of using spinnerbaits is that it can be used in shallow and deep water. Also, be used throughout different seasons in the year. Notably, they come in different shapes and styles, making it among the best fishing lure for a beginner.
The flash and vibration of spinnerbait blades attract bass and are a great way to get a strike on the the trailer hook.
Furthermore, you can customize your spinnerbait to your preferred specifications. This will be essential for effective and efficient fishing.
The Setup of a Spinnerbait
The spinnerbait has been constructed with an array of parts. With such state-of-the-art technology, it makes them the best to catch big fish.
Features of a Spinnerbait Fishing Lure
Below are the features discussed deeply.
Mention in the upper sections that spinnerbait come in many different forms. The blades are no exception since they are configured differently as well. Additionally, blades come in both double and single blades. Each blade also has its unique function; hence it should be confused.
Examples of Blades and their Uses
There are four major types of blades: the willow leaf blades, Colorado blades, Oklahoma blades, and Indiana blades. Below are their uses.
The Colorado Blades
- They are best when you need to retrieve and produce minimal vibrations slowly.
- The blades will serve you effectively when fishing in muddy or stained water.
- When fishing at night, Colorado blades are the best.
The Willow Leaf Blades
- They are perfect to use since they provide more flash compared to any other blade.
- They function best on thick grass covered water bodies.
- They are best when you want to fish very swiftly.
The Indiana Blade
- They function optimally with features both the Colorado and Willow leaf blades.
The Oklahoma Blade
- They function optimally with features of both Colorado and the Indiana blades.
The best skill to employ is to understand the function of each blade then assess your fishing needs. Always keep in mind the size of the blades also matters a lot during your fishing sessions.
Blades come in different colors with specific functions. The standard colors are gold and silver. Coloured blades are very efficient to wade off water during the day ad you not on the mission for excessive flash.
- The recommended spinnerbaits are the safety pin baits.
- Their wires need to bend at 90 degrees angle.
- The lead head should need to be embedded at its base on a single hook.
- Always ensure the side of the wire is 0.35m.
- The recommended material for the wire is titanium. The reason being they will not bend after catching fish.
- For effective fishing, ensure your bait tracks straight without wobbling in water.
- Most spinnerbaits have a rubber or silicone skirt.
- You can match the skirt colors to the forage. However, this reliant on the water conditions and the time of the year you are fishing.
- You can modify skirts to your suitability and remember to carry the varied colour of skirts since they often make the difference.
- The best spinnerbaits come with top-end and sharp hooks.
- For better fishing, frequently sharpen your hooks.
- Also, have trailer hooks to extend your hook to catch more fish.
The Trailing Baits
- They can also be added on the hooks just like the trailer hooks.
- Trailer baits provide more stimulation to the actions of the spinnerbait.
- Examples of trailers include the curly tail, swimbaits, and pork.
The Spinnerbait Rod, Reel and Line
Fishing Line Selection
- Always have a line in the 14-18-lb test.
- For effective fishing, have the lines in either fluorocarbon or monofilament.
- The line setup needs to be forthright.
Rods and Reels
- The best ones are the small, six-foot-long rods. They provide fantastic casting navigation and hook setting.
- Try to be as accurate as possible to get positive results since your targets are on particular casts.
- A high-quality reel is essential in spinnerbait fishing to keep up with your actions.
Retrieving a Spinnerbait
Spinnerbaits allow you to fish in diverse ways such as jigging, dragging, and burning, especially in the stocky flora. Foremost, alter the retrieve before changing the baits.
This action is vital to stimulate bites to your side, mostly when you failed to catch any fish. Moreover, you can retrieve from the bulkier corner since spinnerbaits hardly get stuck.
The Best Times and Places to Use Spinnerbaits
The preferable times
- The spring, which falls around early March through to late April when waters have warmed up. These times the water bass gets active, and as it reaches the upper 45s, a spinnerbait is the best device to use.
The Worst Times
- During high sky, sunny and windy days.
The Best Places
- The muddy shorelines
- Below the islands in rivers
- The deeper waters near rocks.
- On the thick vegetation
Best 10 Spinnerbaits [This Month]
- Large size fishing lures set: 2.5’’- 3’’ / Heavy weighted body: 0.25 - 0.28 oz / larger and heavier design to catch big fish
- Each trout lures comes with a sharp treble hooks with brightly colored strike-attractor sleeves
- The packing box makes you more convenient to use and restock. Rooster tail fishing lures is both for Freshwater and Saltwater
- Each Spinnerbait Weight:17.5g/0.62oz.Length:3.15"-4.72"Diving Depth: Whole swimming layer.
- Comes with a high Carbon Steel Razor Sharp Treble Hooks(4#),Great for Bass, Trout, Walleye, Northern Pike and Salmon.
- Most anglers retrieve spinnerbaits shallow, these lures can be very effective when crawled across the bottom, and fished in a slow , deep, lift and drop manner
- 🐟A Complete Assortment for Any Angler--CharmYee fishing lures set provides various essential fishing accessories like driving swimbaits metal VIB, minnow, multi-section bait, and topwater frog,...
- 🐟133 Pieces Fishing Lures Tackle Kit-- Contains everything you need for an awesome day of fishing: 1 multi-section bait, 2 Mino, 2 Topwater Frogs, 1 metal VIB ,6 Spinnerbaits; 4pc Bullet Weights...
- 🐟Designed with Artificial Hard Baits--With 3D realistic looking eyes，our multi-section lure bait，Minnow and metal VIB appears so delicate and vivid that looks like a real fish. The...
- 4PCS buzzbait with diffrent colors,0.56oz.With 40-strand silicone skirt,high quality hook and 3D eyes.
- EFFICIENCY— A Buzzbait is Extremely Effective at Covering Water Quickly.If You are Fishing an Unfamiliar Body of Water,You Can Use This Lure as a Search Tool. It Allows You to Easily Eliminate Dead...
- .REACTION STRIKES— If someone were to suddenly throw a tennis ball to you, there’s a good chance you’d try to catch it; that’s your natural reaction. Buzzbaits do the same thing to bass....
- Large 3D eyes
- Oversized saltwater black nickel needlepoint hook
- Gold plated swivel and split rings
- 🐟【SUITABLE FOR MANY KINDS OF FISH】Widely targeting at predator fishes such as Bass, Trout, Walleye, Salmon, Musky, Pike, Big Blue Gill, Perch, Crappie, Panfish, Catfish Suitable. The...
- 🐟【10PCS FISHING LURES &SPECIAL HOOK DESIGN】Length about 2.36in, 5pcs weight about 0.22oz, 5pcs weight about 0.11oz, Each Spinnerbait comes with a sharp treble hooks with brightly colored...
- 🐟【Bright FISHING BATHS】The action in the water is perfect and does not take a strong or quick retrieve to get them spinning. Rotatable Bright blades creating continuous flash and vibration to...
- 1) Weight: 8g(0.28oz)/pcs. Total 10 or 22 pcs
- 2) Use to add colour to your lures ,Attracts more fish
- 3) These high quality Hammered Spinner Blades , are the perfect replacement blades for your spinner bait,Great for fishing tackle, fishing lures and jigs, spinners and more.
- Each spinnerbait weight about 0.64oz. Package include: 12pcs spinnerbaits, six different colors.
- The spinnerbait has realistic hand-painted head with flared gill plates, a heavy weed guard to help come through cover easier.
- Copper willow double-blade combinations enhance flash and vibration, they spinner straight and buzz correctly, not easy to rust.
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS:Widely targeting at predator fishes such as Bass, Trout, Walleye, Salmon, Musky, Pike, Big Blue Gill, Perch, Crappie, Panfish, Catfish Suitable for freshwater and saltwater.
- 10PCS FISHING LURES:Length about 2.36in, 5pcs weight about 0.22oz,5pcs weight about 0.11oz,Each Spinnerbait comes with a sharp treble hooks with brightly colored strike-attractor sleeves, help it stay...
- Bright FISHING BATHS:The action in the water is perfect and does not take a strong or quick retrieve to get them spinning. Rotatable Bright blades creating continuous flash and vibration to imitate...
- [Perfect Size to Catch]: A pack of 16 pcs. Size range: 2.13-3.07 inches (5.4-7.8 cm); weight range: 0.14-0.53 oz (3.97-15 g). There are kinds of sizes to choice, which are better to catch big and...
- [Premium Materials]: Each spinnerbait comes with a machined-brass sharp treble hook, plated main body and stainless steel spindle. With brightly colored strike-attractor sleeves, these fishing lures...
- [Comes with a Tackle Bag]: This set of fishing lures with a handy zippered tackle bag. Bonus a stainless steel buckle, you can hang it up on your belt or backpack. It is more convenient to use and...
Fishing using a spinnerbait lure is among the most recommended method for new beginners. Having gone through the above spinnerbait fishing lure guide, head over and get one for yourself and start working your way out to become a pro angler.
If you are looking for some more information then please have a look at this spinnerbait guide.
I hope you have enjoyed this spinnerbait lure guide.
There are also plenty of great spinnerbait lures that I have not mentioned here that you might want to investigate further such as Strike King, Colorado Blade, Willow Blade, and Indiana Blades. These all work well for many anglers chasing trophy bass.
Last update on 2021-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API