10 Best Spinnerbait Lures 
Spinnerbaits used for bass fishing are among the recommended fishing lure equipment to have in your fishing mission. Impressively, spinnerbaits have been widely used over the years. This has earned it a high table status, which can be referenced to the many accolades in fishing competitions.
For learners, fishing using spinnerbaits can be a very daunting task. The reasons being the many wires, color, and shapes, closed and bend arms. Here is a guide to lessen your mission and make your fishing experience to be smooth.
I have also put together the 10 best spinnerbaits for bass to help with your selection.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Summary – Best Spinnerbait
- 2 Spinnerbait Buying Guide
- 3 Best 10 Spinnerbaits Lures
- 3.1 1. Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait
- 3.2 2. Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait
- 3.3 3. Nichols Lures Pulsator Metal Flake Double Willow Spinnerbait
- 3.4 4. Strike King Bleeding Spinnerbait
- 3.5 5. Booyah Blade Spinner-Bait Bass Fishing Lure
- 3.6 6. Goture Bass Fishing Lure Spinner Baits Kit
- 3.7 7. Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait
- 3.8 8. Booyah Super Shad
- 3.9 9. Booyah Tux and Tails
- 3.10 10. JSHANMEI Fishing Lures Spinnerbait Kit
- 4 Conclusion
Quick Summary – Best Spinnerbait
- Smaller, redesigned Perfect Skirt
- Offical KVD insignia
- Realistic look
Spinnerbait Buying Guide
Evolution of Spinnerbaits
The spinnerbait has been used in the fishing industry for many years. Notably, John Thomas was the first person credited with the patent for a spinnerbait in 1964. From then on, the use of spinnerbait has spread all over the world.
Importance of Spinnerbaits in Bass Fishing
As a beginner, the secret to catching a big fish lies with angling your bass fishing lure in the waters. You can talk to any seasoned angler, and they will confirm to you to catch big smallmouths, you ought to use the spinnerbait. It is essential to understand how to use the spinnerbait when fishing.
Fishing using spinnerbait can be as easy as ABC. You only need to throw it out and reel it in. Moreover, you need to ensure you steadily retrieve it upon a catch.
One of the most significant advantages of using spinnerbaits is that it can be used in shallow and deep water. Also, be used throughout different seasons in the year. Notably, they come in different shapes and styles, making it among the best fishing lure for a beginner.
The flash and vibration of spinnerbait blades attract bass and are a great way to get a strike on the the trailer hook.
Furthermore, you can customize your spinnerbait to your preferred specifications. This will be essential for effective and efficient fishing.
The Setup of a Spinnerbait
The spinnerbait has been constructed with an array of parts. With such state-of-the-art technology, it makes them the best to catch big fish.
Features of a Spinnerbait Fishing Lure
Below are the features discussed deeply.
Mention in the upper sections that spinnerbait come in many different forms. The blades are no exception since they are configured differently as well. Additionally, blades come in both double and single blades. Each blade also has its unique function; hence it should be confused.
There are four major types of blades: the willow leaf blades, Colorado blades, Oklahoma blades, and Indiana blades. Below are their uses:
The Colorado Blades
- They are best when you need to retrieve and produce minimal vibrations slowly.
- The blades will serve you effectively when fishing in muddy or stained water.
- When fishing at night, Colorado blades are the best.
The Willow Leaf Blades
- They are perfect to use since they provide more flash compared to any other blade.
- They function best on thick grass covered water bodies.
- They are best when you want to fish very swiftly.
The Indiana Blade
- They function optimally with features both the Colorado and Willow leaf blades.
The Oklahoma Blade
- They function optimally with features of both Colorado and the Indiana blades.
The best skill to employ is to understand the function of each blade then assess your fishing needs. Always keep in mind the size of the blades also matters a lot during your fishing sessions.
Blades come in different colors with specific functions. The standard colors are gold and silver. Coloured blades are very efficient to wade off water during the day ad you not on the mission for excessive flash.
- The recommended spinnerbaits are the safety pin baits.
- Their wires need to bend at 90 degrees angle.
- The lead head should need to be embedded at its base on a single hook.
- Always ensure the side of the wire is 0.35m.
- The recommended material for the wire is titanium. The reason being they will not bend after catching fish.
- For effective fishing, ensure your bait tracks straight without wobbling in water.
- Most spinnerbaits have a rubber or silicone skirt.
- You can match the skirt colors to the forage. However, this reliant on the water conditions and the time of the year you are fishing.
- You can modify skirts to your suitability and remember to carry the varied colour of skirts since they often make the difference.
- The best spinnerbaits come with top-end and sharp hooks.
- For better fishing, frequently sharpen your hooks.
- Also, have trailer hooks to extend your hook to catch more fish.
The Trailing Baits
- They can also be added on the hooks just like the trailer hooks.
- Trailer baits provide more stimulation to the actions of the spinnerbait.
- Examples of trailers include the curly tail, swimbaits, and pork.
The Spinnerbait Rod, Reel and Line
Fishing Line Selection
- Always have a line in the 14-18-lb test.
- For effective fishing, have the lines in either fluorocarbon or monofilament.
- The line setup needs to be forthright.
Rods and Reels
- The best ones are the small, six-foot-long rods. They provide fantastic casting navigation and hook setting.
- Try to be as accurate as possible to get positive results since your targets are on particular casts.
- A high-quality reel is essential in spinnerbait fishing to keep up with your actions.
Retrieving a Spinnerbait
Spinnerbaits allow you to fish in diverse ways such as jigging, dragging, and burning, especially in the stocky flora. Foremost, alter the retrieve before changing the baits.
This action is vital to stimulate bites to your side, mostly when you failed to catch any fish. Moreover, you can retrieve from the bulkier corner since spinnerbaits hardly get stuck.
The Best Times and Places to Use Spinnerbaits
The preferable times
- The spring, which falls around early March through to late April when waters have warmed up. These times the water bass gets active, and as it reaches the upper 45s, a spinnerbait is the best device to use.
The Worst Times
- During high sky, sunny and windy days.
The Best Places
- The muddy shorelines
- Below the islands in rivers
- The deeper waters near rocks.
- On the thick vegetation
Best 10 Spinnerbaits Lures
1. Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait
- Smaller, redesigned Perfect Skirt
- Offical KVD insignia
- Realistic look
Strike King is among the most notable companies in the fishing industry when it comes to producing lures that get right down to business and deliver just what an angler wants. The Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait makes a very strong case for the top spot in our list of the best 10 spinnerbait lures as this model is made of very high quality components and allows anglers to rely on the lure for a very long time.
The Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait features two willow blades, one larger and one smaller, which gives the lure its distinct vibration action that has proven to be so effective at getting fish to bite. The Finesse spinnerbait concept might seem like an oxymoron to some anglers as this type of bait is typically fished with a steady retrieve, but the Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait lives up to its name as it allows you to utilize a number of different retrieval techniques to maximize your efforts and catch more fish.
There are a number of different color options and anglers can even swap out the skirt with one that fits their needs a bit better if necessary. With so many quality indicators, it’s easy to see why lots of anglers have this option as their go-to lure when it comes to using spinnerbaits.
2. Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait
- Head designed to rip through vegetation and roll through wood without getting snagged
- 30% better bend resistance than traditional stainless frames
- Painted, gold or nickel plated blades. Exclusive beveled edge blade design creates more flash and...
The Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait makes a very strong case for being the best option on our list of the best 10 spinnerbait lures on the market. This model is one that offers even more versatility for anglers who prefer a certain size or type of blade design to get just the right look, feel, and vibration from their spinnerbait.
Terminator has long been a brand that is considered to be among the best spinnerbait lures because the company puts a great amount of dedication into crafting these lures in such a way to make them nearly indestructible, hence the name ‘Terminator.’
The head of these spinnerbait lures offer a hyper-realistic appearance that even features a quality fish eye addition that adds more realism into what many used to think was a lure that was only effective due to the color scheme and vibration frequency. Lure design experts at the Terminator company have worked hard to create this model and it has proven to be a staple among the tackle boxes of professional anglers all over the world.
3. Nichols Lures Pulsator Metal Flake Double Willow Spinnerbait
It’s understandable for a beginner or novice angler to write off a certain model of lure due to its high price. However, when you look closer at this particular option, the Nichols Lures Pulsator Metal Flake Double Willow Spinnerbait offers a number of excellent components that you simply won’t find in other brands.
These handcrafted spinnerbait lures are specially designed to withstand the most violent strikes from monster bass that typically render a quality spinnerbait nearly useless due to the wire being bent out of shape. That won’t usually be the case with the Nichols Lures Pulsator Metal Flake Double Willow Spinnerbait as this wire is more durable and holds its shape better than most other brands on the market today, meaning you won’t have to bend it back into shape if you catch a sizable fish.
Each willow blade features a high level of detail and craftsmanship that gives this lure a greater sense of realism compared to many of the other options on our list. With a flake-resistant head that also features molded-in eyes, you won’t have to worry about fish taking a second look before striking at the Nichols Lures Pulsator Metal Flake Double Willow Spinnerbait.
4. Strike King Bleeding Spinnerbait
- Premium stainless steel wire
- Bleeding red accent skirt
- Bleeding bait hook
We would be fooling ourselves if we tried to avoid mentioning two different Strike King models in our list of the best 10 spinnerbait lures in the fishing industry. The Strike King Bleeding Spinnerbait makes a very strong case for being the best of the best spinnerbaits when it comes down to getting fish to bite when no other lure is capable of doing so.
This model is specially designed to mimic the type of movement, as well as visible coloration that a dying baitfish might have underwater. Many times, a fish might attack a small bait fish, but simply can’t finish the job, leaving the prey to scamper off with a slight blood trail along its body. The experts at Strike King added in some red coloration to each one of these color options to give the lure a distinct appearance of a bleeding, fleeing baitfish.
The Strike King Bleeding Spinnerbait’s willow and Colorado blade give it a slightly different vibrational frequency underwater that more closely mimics the fluttering motion of a small fish that’s desperate to escape the jaws of any nearby predators.
5. Booyah Blade Spinner-Bait Bass Fishing Lure
- Designed For Maximum Vibration
- Perfect For Cool- Or Murky-Water Situations
- Features A 55-Strand Bio-Flex Silicone Skirt
Booyah made quite a splash in the fishing industry several years ago when it came onto the scene as one of the hottest spinnerbait lure designs on the market. The brand has maintained that status as it focuses heavily on creating spinnerbaits that are both tough and made to fulfil each angler’s specific need when it comes to fishing with these kinds of lures.
In addition to being one of the most effective and realistic spinnerbaits on the market, the Booyah Blade Spinner-Bait Bass Fishing Lure is also relatively affordable when compared to other top spinnerbait lures currently on the market.
These lures are designed with two heavy willow blades that are crafted to give anglers maximum vibration when running through the water, which works by getting the attention of any nearby fish. This option is capable of drawing out some strikes in clear water, but the Booyah Blade Spinner-Bait Bass Fishing Lure truly thrives when it is used in areas that are especially muddy or murky due to the distinct vibration that it is able to produce.
6. Goture Bass Fishing Lure Spinner Baits Kit
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you receive a problem with the quality of the product, or if the quantity...
- FLUID ROTATION: smooth-running ball bearing and clevis help double willow leaf blade 360 rotating...
- TRADITIONAL STRUCTURE: wire arm helps to come through cover easier. Additionally, upward hook point...
For beginners who might just be getting their feet wet as it relates to spinnerbait lures, you might find out rather quickly that it is very easy to get snagged on underwater structure and lose these types of lures. That might not be a big deal to anglers using low-quality spinnerbaits, but for anyone who happens to lose an expensive model, it’s not a pleasant feeling.
If you’re fishing in an area that features heavy amounts of underwater structure in the form of stumps, brush, and other objects, it might be a good idea to use a spinnerbait lure that is a bit less costly since you’re more likely to lose it in the long run. The Goture Bass Fishing Lure Spinner Baits Kit is an outstanding option for these occasions as this spinnerbait model is comparable to some of the top options on our list while being relatively affordable for most anglers.
The multi-pack features five different spinnerbait lure color options that are all equipped with a double-willow blade, stainless steel wire, and a sizable 3/0 hook that can be fitted with a decent trailer if need be. Each willow blade offers a swivel that helps increase the amount of rotations you’ll get when running this lure through the water.
7. Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait
- Hand-crafted one at a time
- High Quality, Chip Resistant Metal Flake Finish on all Blades and Heads
- Durable Stainless Steel Wire
Toughness and Durability are two words that can be associated with the Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait. This spinnerbait lure is often considered to be a better overall choice than some of the others we have higher on our list, but the only real downside that this lure has is the higher price.
These hand-crafted lures offer two large-sized willow blades that are designed to create a high level of vibration when being retrieved through the water. Every part of this lure is made with chip-resistant material that ensures your bait won’t lose large flakes of paint when it’s ran across a deep underwater bed of rocks.
The Pulsator lives up to its namesake as this spinnerbait lure provides a high level of noise and vibration that is ideal when fishing in muddy water. With more than 30 colors that anglers can choose from, it’s easy to see why so many professional anglers will stock their tackle box with several of the Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait if they know they will need to rely on a quality spinnerbait.
8. Booyah Super Shad
- Quad Blades Maximizes Water Displacement And Vibration
- Effectively Mimics A School Of Baitfish
- Features A Silicone Skirt
In the world of fishing, bigger is sometimes better and ‘more’ of certain qualities and components is also considered to be an advantage. That can be argued when it comes to the Booyah Super Shad since this particular lure design features a total of four different blades that all work in unison.
Each blade is a willow design and every specific lure will feature four different blade sizes that give this spinnerbait a special vibrational capability that is not found anywhere else. As you might expect, this lure is a bit heavier than most other spinnerbaits, so be ready to use it with a slightly heavier line or leader to accommodate for the added weight when casting and during retrieval.
Unlike most other spinnerbait lures that are made to mimic the action of a single bait fish as it flees from a predator attack, the Booyah Super Shad is crafted to deliver the type of vibration and appearance that you might see in a small school of fish. This specific model is an excellent option for anglers who like to throw an A-rig, but might not want to go with something quite so heavy in some cases.
9. Booyah Tux and Tails
- Product Type: Fishing Hook
- Item Package Dimensions: 7.874 L X 14.223 W X 5.588 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: Guatemala
Part of what makes a spinnerbait so attractive to fish at certain times of the year is the lure’s ability to mimic a bait fish down to the last detail. In many cases. Mature fish such as largemouth bass, who have decent eyesight, might get used to seeing a spinnerbait lure that has all the same type of qualities that a typical bait fish offers, yet doesn’t quite have the same type of ‘tail’ you might find in a real fish.
Small details like this are what design experts at Booyah considered when they created the Booyah Tux and Tails. This new and improved version of the old classic features an elongated trailer skirt that is meant to look more like a bait fish’s tail as it swims through the water.
The lure’s Colorado blades are designed to give off the subtle vibrations that are typical with a fish that’s swimming, but not necessarily fleeing from predators. These distinct qualities are part of what makes this lure appeal to larger fish that will likely see this as an opportunity for an easy meal. With the longer skirt tail, this lure is recommended to be used with a more unorthodox retrieve that includes twitching and jerking to maximize the tail’s action and entice fish to bite.
10. JSHANMEI Fishing Lures Spinnerbait Kit
- Each spinnerbait weight about 0.64oz. Package include: 6pcs spinnerbaits, six different colors.
- The spinnerbait has realistic hand-painted head with flared gill plates, a heavy weed guard to help...
- Copper willow double-blade combinations enhance flash and vibration, they spinner straight and buzz...
As we’ve already mentioned, learning to use a spinnerbait lure involves quite a bit of trial and error. The best way to do this is to use a spinnerbait lure that is a bit less expensive, which will allow you to fish closer to cover and experiment with different color combinations and blade designs.
With this in mind, the JSHANMEI Fishing Lures Spinnerbait Kit happens to be one of the top overall options on our list of the best spinnerbait lures as it features a dozen well-made spinnerbaits that will help any angler get started in learning to use this outstanding lure.
Each one of these spinnerbait models are made from carbon-steel material that is highly durable and capable of withstanding hard bites and heavy pulling from bigger fish. With so many different color combinations, the JSHANMEI Fishing Lures Spinnerbait Kit is the perfect opportunity for anglers to experiment with different colors at certain times of the day or seasons out of the year to gain a more full understanding of how and when they might want to employ a spinnerbait to get a bite.
Fishing using a spinnerbait lure is among the most recommended method for new beginners. Having gone through the above spinnerbait fishing lure guide, head over and get one for yourself and start working your way out to become a pro angler.
If you are looking for some more information then please have a look at this spinnerbait guide.
I hope you have enjoyed this spinnerbait lure guide.
There are also plenty of great spinnerbait lures that I have not mentioned here that you might want to investigate further such as Strike King, Colorado Blade, Willow Blade, and Indiana Blades. These all work well for many anglers chasing trophy bass.
Last update on 2021-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API