Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod Review 
Getting a perfect fishing rod is extremely tough for any beginner. While finding one can be a dilemma in getting the right product for your requirements, the best way is through the assistance of the experts. An expert will help you to go through some of the features so that you are placed in a better seat to make a better decision.
Talking about those few excellent fishing rods, this Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod is an outstandingly supportive product. Excellent quality along with exceedingly well balanced structure of the product makes it a rod of choice for many anglers.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Body and Durability
- 0.2 Guides and Construction
- 0.3 Strength and Sensitivity – The Long Caster
- 0.4 Gripping Ease
- 0.5 Pros
- 0.6 Cons
- 1 Ugly Stik GX2 Video Review
- 2 FAQs About Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod
- 3 Conclusion
Body and Durability
The body of any fishing rod is definitely the backbone of the durability of the product. This is the case with the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod too. It has a body that is well balanced and at the same time is going to give you the durability that will exceed your expectations.
This rod has a lightweight structure that is just over 13 oz. Thus the rod is middle of the road – neither too light nor too heavy to be used. This is the major feature that is going to give you an output that won’t disappoint.
Ugly Stik’s are famous for their durability as they are almost impossible to break. If you are worried about making sure your rod lasts for years to come, then you shouldn’t pick anything other than an Ugly Stik.
Guides and Construction
The rod’s guides are the element of a fishing rod that adds an extra supportive feature to it. To be very accurate, that is the part which impacts the balance of the rod during a casting. The guides on the GX2 are made of stainless steel and that makes the device’s foundation very strong and well-built.
The construction of the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod is made in two parts. The length of the rod is near to 7 feet, but the height is distributed into two different parts which can be seperated for ease of transport. You can adjust the total height with the rear part and that is going to give you better access to grip the rod.
Strength and Sensitivity – The Long Caster
In any of the rods that you own for your angling passion, there are two things that you need to look at – the amount of force you can apply and the distance for casting.
The first of them is definitely the dragging force that you can apply. This Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod will allow you to drag a higher force since it is very balanced and its foundation is very strong.
In terms of casting, the long, well built make up of the rod makes it a long mover and you can cast it well for fishing for salmon or even casting past the waves at the shore
This is also one of the loveliest sets that are available in the entire market.
Usually, you will find two types of grips in the fishing rods – aero-glass or rubber.
Gripping in the case of aero-glass becomes tougher, as it slips down a lot. On the other hand, the rubber grip allows you to grip well, but with time they get corroded and damaged and then you are exposed to the main body itself. Thus, in all cases, you face issues, in one way or the other.
This is not the case with the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod. In this case, the product is has an EVA grip that allows you a better grip and at the same time provides better durability – reducing the risk of corrosion.
However, too much exposure can open it up towards erosion and ultimately the handle gets loose. Another thing here is about the comfort factor. Rubber grips are much more comfortable than EVA handles.
- The body of the rod is built with graphite and fiberglass combination that makes its foundation very strong and balanced
- The Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod has stainless steel guides that gives it excellent stamina to withhold the extra stress when casting long distances
- Sensitivity and strength are well configured in this rod with the cleared tips
- Excellently lightweight and durable fishing rod which makes it one of the top products that are available online
- In terms of durability, the product comes with a 7 years warranty
- The grip of the device has an EVA cover that is great to look at and also enhances the gripping capacity of the fishing rod
- The height of the rod is 7 feet and can be broken in two parts. Thus the total length of the device is perfect for making long casts
- The rod handle is made of EVA which gives a better grip, but continuous water contact, especially saltwater decreases the inner strength and can release it from the fiberglass main body
- The length of the device is long and is good for casting, but while used to drag big fish to the shore, the stick bends down and makes retrieving tougher. However, while the length of the rod is adjusted to a smaller height, this can still be an issue
Ugly Stik GX2 Video Review
Rad Reeling Fishing has put together this great review of the GX2, so have a watch to see this rod in action:
Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod
- Ugly StikGX2 spinning rod
- 3 ball bearings plus one way clutch instant anti reverse bearing for smoother gear feel and instant hook sets
- Machined double anodized aluminum spool with oversized bail wire for improved durability
Strong, Yet Balanced Graphite And Fiberglass Construction
FAQs About Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod
What is the exact weight of the fishing rod?
The exact weight of the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod is 12.6 oz.
What is the total length of the rod?
The total height of the rod including the two parts and the grip is 7 feet.
What is the power of the rod?
The power of the rod is Medium.
The fishing rod is one of the essential elements that are used by any angler – and they can be very picky about selecting the best available. There are different reels that can be attached to it, but the most important thing here is the balance and the sensitivity. In both of these aspects, this Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod is one of the best fishing sticks that are available in the online store. So, pick this product and make your angling a little easy.
The Ugly Stik GX2 is one of the preferred spinning rods for bass.
Last update on 2021-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API